Part 62

"Did they, off with their heads!"

  "I think that might be a line from 'Alice in Wonderland'."

  "What's that?"

"Oh never mind, I'd better get going. I am late, I am late, for a very important date."

  "Goodbye dear,"  the queen said in her clipped English accent, "I will see you at luncheon."

  Arthur again walked out onto the landing, and headed towards the Great Hall.

As he was reading the Times online Arthur noticed that another P.P.er was brought into the waiting section. He looked as though he was from the future, dressed in a light grey long overcoat and single band sunglasses. âWhat are you here for?â He asked Arthur.

  "A slight indiscretion," replied Arthur.

  "A what? Well I am here from trying to kill my 5th other self."

  "So you mean one of you popped five paradox pills?"

  "Six. Anyway the fifth incarnation was trying to kill the first incarnation which would have put an end to us all so I killed him."

  "How did 'he', 'you' die?"

  "I changed one of his paradox pills for a placebo. When he took five only four worked. Then when he met 3 and 3 became a two headed Jurgain, the shock killed them both."

 "What type of creature is a Jurgain?"inquired Arthur.

  "Jurgain is my name, Jurgain Danish, I am the monster you talk of."

  "Danish, the chief inspector is called Danish."

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

Or Amazon.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf