Part 56

“It is possible but I must warn you that changes in a persons personality can lead to unforeseen side effects. The clone may be prone to depression, or delusions of grandeur, even megalomania. Thinking he is the ruler of a kingdom or something. What is your name by the way?”

  “King Arthur.”

  “Yes,” said the receptionist, “see what I mean?”

  “So what problems have you had in the past?”

  “Drambon Bones, the ruler of Kantana on Primula Prime wanted a clone that didn’t suffer from depression, to keep his wife happy. She moaned and nagged him constantly because she said he didn’t listen to her. He also wanted it to be a natural eunuch so he wouldn’t have to worry about infidelity. When the clone had been there for only a month he ran away to be a castrato in the Drav opera. Mrs. Bones broke her heart and the anti-cloning lobby overthrew Drambon. They said, ‘No loans, for Bones until he atones for clones’.” She nodded to Arthur; “He was heavily in debt at the time.”

  “So there’s no telling, then, if the clone will do what you want it to do?”

  “Not if you change it’s personality, no.”

  “Oh, keep it as it is then, there will have to be two good looking, humorous kings of the Britons.”

  “You are not that good looking or humorous for a human if you want my opinion.”

  “I did not ask for it. Shouldn’t you be a little more tactful, especially with customers?”

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from

Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

Or Amazon.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf