Part 59

“Don’t I get anything else?” queried Arthur, “A nice cup of tea?”

  “Look, you are going to stop existing at the end of the day, so just get along with what you have.”

  “Don’t paradoxed people have rights?”

  “No, not really, you are lucky to get a glass of water.”

  “Well, I want a cup of tea!” demanded Arthur.

Danish looked at another officer, “Hey Brannigan, can you get the King a cup of tea?”

  “Earl Grey,” mentioned Arthur.

  “Earl Grey,” repeated Danish to the officer.

  “Anything else I can do for you your kingship, to make your stay more comfortable?” Danish said sarcastically.

  “I would like a copy of the Times, egg, bacon and fried bread and a comfy chair.”

  “I was joking,” Danish spelled it out.

  “Well I wasn’t, it’s a disgrace the way you treat paradoxed people. What happens if the other Arthur dies and I’m the only one left? The paradox kinks itself out and I become a non-paradoxed person. If that happens do I have more rights?”

  “Why of course you would, but he hasn’t and you don’t.”

  “I’d still like the Times.”

  “There’s one thing you must understand, time has no real meaning here, we can see the entire length and breadth of it, from beginning to end, through the time singularity. So when you ask for the Times we can see when the company was founded in the 1785 to when it eventually stopped printing on wood chip in 2036. It was never printed in the science fiction universe.”

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf