Chapter 1

Percy POV.

I sat on my bunk, surrounded by silence. I guess you could say... the Fates either really love me -only because it's fun messing with my life- or they really hate me. I think it's the latter.

I guess I should explain why I'm in my cabin, alone, instead of hanging out with Annabeth, having fun, or maybe going round my mom's for Christmas.

Flashback

"Hey, Chiron! I'm here for the cabin checkups!"

Chiron gave me a bright smile, almost as bright as Apollo, and handed me a sheet of paper and a clipboard. There were all the cabins, (Over 100!) along with another column next to it, where we put the ratings in. The rest of the cabins were already rated, I just needed to do six more, and the monthly checkup would be finished.

I needed to do the Demeter, Zeus, Hades, Aphrodite, Hermes and the Athena cabins. I knocked on the door of the Demeter cabin, and a young girl answered. She was about the age of six, and she gave me a cheery smile.

She let me come in to rate it. Everyone loves it when I rate the cabins, because I'm kinder than the rest of the Campers. The rest would rate their least favourite cabin zero, and their favourite cabin ten, which was never fair.

The girl had hazelnut brown hair, along with leaf-green eyes. She was about two times shorter than me, and was wearing green lipstick, which I never even knew existed.

I looked around. Not bad. This time, at least it's not overgrown with plants, like the last time I came here, to pick out a flower for my date with Annabeth.

I rated it 8/10, and moved onto the next ones, and it kept going like that until I was finished. I had voted them like this:

Demeter- 8/10.

Zeus- 3/10. And that was just being extra kind!

Hades- 10/10. Nico usually sleeps with Will, and Hazel doesn't use the cabin, so it's been barely touched at all.

Aphrodite- 1/10. It was messy enough by itself, but Piper tried charmspeaking me, which made me deduce points.

Hermes- 9/10. It was all perfectly clean, except I found a whole pile of rubbish underneath all of their beds.

Athena- 10/10. Totally not because Malcolm threatened to break up mine and Annabeth's relationship.

I headed back to the Big House, and gave Chiron the clipboard. He looked down at the results, and slowly began shaking his head. A small smile crept its way onto his face.

"Malcolm tricked you into rating it so high, didn't he?"

I gave him a little nod. He chuckled, and he told me I had a day off for the rest of the day. I ran down towards my cabin, desperate to get to sleep.

As I was entering my cabin, I heard a commotion coming from the beach. Groaning, I snuck my way over to the voices. I peeked around the corner, only to find Piper laying on the floor, tears streaming down her face.

I was about to go help her up and make her feel better, when I spotted Annabeth crouching down next to her, sneering. I just about heard their conversation.

"Listen up, Jason doesn't really love you. No one ever will. I'm way better than you, so you better stay out of my way." Annabeth sneered at her, before standing up.

I gasped out loud, just loud enough for Annabeth to hear, unfortunately. Her eyes darted around her surroundings, looking for the overhearer. I stumbled backwards, so that she couldn't see me.