CHAPTER 9

I gather myself from my heap of relief and pursue the figure chasing the disturbing sounds of its movements.It maintains a fast pace and remains in completely out of my vision except for brief swishes of its cloak around corners.

It circles the hallways and heads downwards.I hasten my pace after it afraid that it might dissolve into the flurry of life on the streets below.

It bursts outside, into the fullness of the sun, running perpendicularly to the road.It glides effortlessly through the morning traffic while the motion of the vehicles slows me down.I hurry into the alley is branched into and ran for a couple of paces between thick walls.

The muffled sounds of the figures movements have faded  or maybe its just too far ahead of me.I take a turn left.The only turn, before i am forced to stop...

The alley ends in an inescapable dead end.

The cloaked figure is gone.

I curse loudly scanning my immediate surroundings for something to hit and in so doing vent out a significant portion of my boiling fury.

Today has brought with it new waves of insecurity, confusion and disappointment all of which i am having a hard time processing at the same time.

My graze drifts onto the wall that marks the dead end to the alley.More specifically to the chaotic streaks of graffiti painted on it.

The sharp and fresh smell of spray paint hints to me that the work of art is new to this alley.

Recent.

It all adds up.The cloaked figure had wanted me to tail it all along.

It had wanted me to see this.

And for the first time.I clearly understand what it means.

If you like what you are reading...i would honestly love to hear from you.COMMENT

If some flaw in this book however small has caught your eye...i do appreciate criticism

                                                  VOTE IF YOU SURELY THINK THIS STORY DESERVES IT.