Ch. 7: He's Back

Jack didn't remember much after falling off the train. He vaguely remembered pulling out the sword, the pain he felt before and afterwards, and just brief images of hitting the panic button on his phone that Robin installed, along with Robin himself coming to save him. He couldn't remember anything else after that, except waking up the next day, late afternoon perhaps. It was pretty late that night and he got pretty banged up, it's probably a mystery he didn't sleep all through the week. When he awoke, Robin, Schneep and Signe were all at his side, relieved that he had regained consciousness.

"Hey, are you ok?" Signe quickly asked.

"Yea" Jack replied, his voice sleepily restrained from sleepiness and still feeling the aftermath of last night's back-to-back battles.

"You were out most of ze day" Schneep noted as Jack began to sit himself up on the large bed.

"What happened?" Robin asked, sitting in front of his best friend.

"Ugh, it was him" Jack replied, confusing the others. "Anti, I saw him, he was controlling Billy the whole time" Jack clarified. "He's back"

"Your sure of this?" Robin checked.

"Positive" Jack nodded, and then remembered something. "Wait, Billy! Did you see him?" Jack questioned, but Robin just averted his gaze and let out a hard sigh. "Is he dead?" Jack asked in worry.

"No, he uh....he's in a coma" he answered. "He probably would've died if it wasn't for that healing ability of his, but that sick son of a bitch sure did try to kill him" Robin noted.

"Will he make it?" Jack asked in full concern.

"I don't know" he shook his head. "Frankly, he shouldn't even be alive right now" he noted. "Also, um.... a lot of cops think that it was you, or Jacksepticeye, that put him there" he continued hesitantly. "There were surveillance cameras and a few witnesses that saw the two of you fighting last night" he clarified after receiving questioning looks. "And ur wanted for questioning"

Jack let out a frustrated sigh and ran his hand through his hair at the notion. "Like it wasn't hard enough to try and prove miss Panabaker's innocence, now we've gotta worry about mine too" Jack went on stressfully. "Are you gonna hafta bring me in now?"

"No, as far as I, and the department, is concerned, I'm just visiting a best friend" he assured. "But, this does create complications for us, and that's not even the worst part"

Jack raised an eyebrow from that last notion. "What do you mean?"

"More cases like miss Panabaker's have been turning up left and right" he informed. "This may help prove our theory on her innocence, but this... Antisepticeye is starting to get way more frequent and out of control" he stated. "With you confirming he's back and him reaking havoc everywhere, it looks like whatever he's planning to do is bound to happen sooner rather then later" he quickly briefed.

Jack took a minute to process all of this, even trying to figure out just what exactly was Antiseptic up to. What could he be possibly trying to gain from all of this? What for, and why? But more importantly, what made Jack so important to him? None of this seemed to make sense.

"So, what do we do now?" he questioned. Though that didn't sound very heroic of him, he wasn't real sure where else to turn at this point.

"Um, didn't you find something?" Robin asked when he turned to Signe.

"I think I have, at least" she clarified. "Judging from what this guy is doing and how he operates, it looks like he may be setting up for something called the Takeover"

"What's the Takeover?" Jack asked.

"You now how this...Anti can like... possess people?" she quickly checked and Jack nodded. "Well, the thing about these demons, is that they crave power, and they gain that power from controlling the minds of as many kind hearted people as they can and corrupt their souls" she went on. "The more people they control, the more power they gain and the closer they get to ruling the world. That's what he wants, is to control everything, be the most powerful being on the planet and rule it all. And if he gets enough power and can find a way to enter enough minds-"