thirsty for blood

Start from the beginning

"Why do you look different? You weren't like this eleven years ago when you treated me. You looked more human than a vampire. Now you look more vampire than human."

He put the blood bottle on the table and then approached me:

"It's a long story, Irene. It seems that you don't know much about the world of vampires. When a human turns into a vampire, he still retains many of his human qualities, and with the passage of time, the new vampire begins to lose his humanity, becomes stronger, and his superpowers increase."

I looked at him and said:

"So you were human?"

He said, annoyed by my question:

"Of course, I was human. I couldn't be born as a vampire."

I looked at the ground shyly and remembered his request, what he said about choosing me to bear his children. I wanted to ask about that, but I was embarrassed, as I was afraid that he would remember, but he just said it (I couldn't be born as a vampire).

I chose to ask him another question, a different question, a personal question. I want to know this creature more.

I said:

"How was your life? I mean when you were a human? Do you miss being human?"

He quickly answered:

"No! I don't miss my human life. I'm completely past that stage, as I told you, a vampire continues to evolve until he loses his humanity completely."

It sounds ugly, but I tried to hide my disgust and said:

"What human traits does a vampire lose? Because your outward appearance is still human?"

He approached me, grabbed my shoulders, and said in a low voice while staring at me:

"You simply become without feelings, without emotions. You don't care about anything when you lose your entire humanity—no pain, no suffering, no guilt. All the past becomes like a dream."

He was gazing at me holding my shoulders, so I gazed back at him then I whispered:

“But this is ugly. I would rather die than losing my feelings and emotions. What do I gain in return?”

He said with some pride and vanity:

"Eternal life, supernatural strength, and pleasure. Your senses multiply. You hear better, see better, run faster. Not to forget the other sensory pleasures."

He said the last sentence while biting on his lower lip.

I looked at the ground shyly, then I noticed what I was wearing. Damn you, Lukeria.

I said quickly in a sharp tone:

"What is the use of all this if you have turned into a beast thirsty for blood? And do not say immortality. You are not immortal. The sun kills you. Not drinking blood weakens you. There are many and many ways to kill you, so do not say that you are immortal. You will lose your humanity over time until you find yourself turned into a lone freak, and you will wish for death. You will eventually die, even after a million years."

He pursed his lips and remained silent for a few seconds. I felt that I had won the first argument between us, but he spoke and said what I was afraid of hearing:

“I will not be alone because you will give me a lot of children.”

I looked down again confused. Maybe he's not as sterile as vampires or I'm misinformed about them?

He said:

"Why are you silent? Don't you have anything to say?"

I tried to hide my shyness and said:

"But how?......"

Before I could finish my question, I noticed a cunning smile on his lips, then Lukeria entered with that red-haired girl Lita interrupting our interesting conversation, saying in a cheerful voice:

"Good morning."

She was looking at us curiously while Lita went straight to him grabbed the bottle of blood and said in a rude and cheap manner:

"Oh, Jared. You're feeding from a bottle? What, did you not know that I'd come and be completely at your disposal?"

Then she ended her sentences with a low laugh and revealed her neck. Then she took his hand and said in a voice and style that only sluts are good at:

"Come, I'll take care of you."

I don't know why, but I felt angry and insulted.

Then I felt more angry when I saw him leaving the kitchen with her. I tried to ignore what just happened, especially since he was looking at me while he was leaving with her.

Lukeria quickly approached me and said in a worried voice while holding my arm:

"Are you okay, dear?"

I said with difficulty and in a choked voice:

"Yes, I'm fine, Lukeria."

I noticed her checking my neck and saying:

“I see that you have met the master. How was your acquaintance?”

I said:

"If you know, last night wasn't the first time I met him. I met him eleven years ago."

She said:

"How did that happen?"

I wasn't ready to tell the story because I was thinking about Lita who left with him. I can't think of anything but what is happening between them right now.

Lukeria repeated her question:

"How did you meet him eleven years ago?"

I said:

"It's a long story; I'll tell you later. In fact, I have many questions that I want answers to."

Oh, Lita is back. She's back after a few minutes. It's almost seconds.

She came back smiling like a bitch, but something in her smile was fake.