Chapter 29: Everything's Gone to Shit and It's Only Just The Beginning

A.N.: I kinda think I rushed through this chapter and what happens in it but oh well...

Valerie’s POV:

~ August 27th ~

There was something going on with Louis. He’d been anxious all morning, bouncing his leg constantly and glancing at his phone a lot. Whenever his phone went off he’d grab it quickly and look at who’d called or texted him.

His phone had gone off again and he’d picked it up quickly, and he did something different than the other times. He opened the message, read it, then put his phone down and put his head down on the counter. I’d just figured that he was getting impatient waiting for whatever he was waiting for, but then his shoulders started shaking and I heard his breath hitch.

“Louis?” I asked quietly. He looked up at me and his eyes were red, “Louis, what happened?”

“It’s Lottie.” That’s all he had to say for me to know what had happened. I walked over to him and hugged him and he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

“We’ll find her Lou,” I said. Louis hugged me tighter.

“You don’t know that.” I pulled away from him and looked him in the eye.

“Louis,” I said, “Police will be looking for her, we’ll be looking for her, your fans will be looking for her; we have an army out there looking for Lottie, Greg, Nicola, and Waliyha. They’ll be found.” Louis nodded his head and took a deep breath, “Do you want to go to Doncaster?” Louis shook his head.

“No,” he said. I gave him a confused look and he explained, “The police think that Derek’s trying to kidnap one member from our families, there’s only one family left Valerie and it’s your’s. Knowing what Derek’s done in the past I have a feeling he’s going to try to come after you. He’s already got Lottie but if he got to you too… I don’t think I could cope.” My phone buzzed and I looked at the message. It was from Ashton, asking if I was free to hang out. Louis saw the message and nodded at me, “Go ahead.”

“You sure you’re okay?” He nodded.

“I’ll be fine.” I went to hug him again and left.

***

I was just hanging out with Ashton today. We went to get something to eat and then came back to the house. Louis was waiting in the living room and said that there was a band meeting and he had to go. He left and Ashton and I headed upstairs so I could check on the twins. They were asleep in their cots.

“Well aren’t they just adorable?” Ashton said, smiling at them. I smiled and nodded. We left the twins’ room and headed down to the basement to the media room. Ashton looked around for a bit, mock frowning and pointing out that the 5SOS album wasn’t on our shelf. I laughed at him and we sat down on the couch to play a video game.

We ended up playing Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and so far Ashton and I had managed to get through three rounds of zombies when Ashton’s plant stopped moving.

“Ashton,” I said, “You might want to move your character before it gets eaten.” Ashton didn’t respond and when I turned to look at him I was met by his lips kissing mine.

Louis’s POV:

In the middle of the band meeting, Harry’d gotten a call from Gemma and to say it was really bad would be an understatement. He’d basically just listened to his older sister get attacked and kidnapped. The boys were trying to calm down a panicking Harry and I left to go and check on Valerie. I didn’t know if she’d found out yet but if she did I wanted to be there for her like she’d been there for me this morning.

I opened the door to the house and heard the TV on in the basement. I walked down the stairs and turned to walk into the media room and froze at what I saw.

Ashton and Valerie, kissing.