Chapter 26: Accident and Revealings

A.N.:
Hi... super short chapter, couldn't stretch it out. I figured it was just better to quit while I'm ahead and post the chapter as is instead of stretching it out and probably making it worse.
No A.N. at the end so... yeah... enjoy?

Harry’s POV:

~ April 17th ~

I unlocked the door and opened it, stepping into the flat. It was late and the flat was dark, all but for the light streaming from under the door to the loo. I switched the light on and stepped forward.

“Holly?” I called. I heard a soft crash come from the loo.

“Harry?”

“Yeah, it’s me. Are you okay?” There was a pause.

“Not exactly.” I walked up to the door.

“Can I come in?” Another pause.

“I guess…” I opened the door and Holly was leaned over the sink, scrubbing something from one of her shirts. I stepped closer and when I looked closer, I saw that she was trying to wash out dried blood.

“What happened?” I asked, glancing up at her, “Did you- is that-”

“No. I ran into Derek at the mall,” she said, gritting her teeth, “He just talked to me, and then he cut me and said that one of my friends…” She trailed off and dropped her shirt in the sink, “He said that I should make sure that one of my friends didn’t meet a nasty end.”

“What does that mean?”

“I didn’t know,” she said, “So I just called my friends to make sure everyone was okay, that’s why I texted you earlier. Everyone but Danielle answered.” She gripped the edge of the counter so hard that her knuckles turned white, “I kept calling her and then her mom picked up and told me what happened.” Holly turned around to look at me, “Danielle’s dead.”

Liam’s POV:

I was packing a suitcase to head to Wolverhampton for the break when I got a call on my phone.

“Hello?” I heard some sniffling and the person on the other side of the call take a deep breath.

“Liam, it’s Danielle’s mom. I need to talk to you.” I shifted the phone from one ear to the other and held it up with my shoulder as I kept packing.

“Okay,” I said, “What do you need to talk about?” Pause.

“I think it’d be better if I talked to you in person.” I zipped up my suitcase and grabbed my phone.

“Okay, when?”

“The sooner the better.”

“Well, is tonight okay?”

“Yeah.” Danielle’s mom told me where to go and we both hung up.

***

It took me about fifteen minutes to get to the flat complex where Danielle’s mom wanted to meet me. I headed up to the flat she’d told me to go to and knocked on the door.

It wasn’t long before the door opened and Mrs. Peazer let me in. Her eyes were red and she looked as though she’d been crying.

“It’s good to see you again Liam.”

“Um, it’s good to see you too,” I said, “Are you okay?” Danielle’s dad was sitting on the sofa and he looked as though he’d been crying as well.

“Something’s happened Liam,” Mrs. Peazer said, “Danielle was in a car accident.”

“Is she okay?” Mrs. Peazer shook her head and closed her eyes.

“She didn’t make it.” I stood there quietly for a moment.

“I’m sorry,” I said. Mrs. Peazer sighed.

“That’s not why we wanted to talk to you though.” Just then, I heard a sharp cry coming from the second floor of the flat. Mrs. Peazer turned to her husband.

“Can you go and check on him?” Mr. Peazer nodded and headed upstairs.

“Was that a baby?” I asked. Mrs. Peazer nodded.

“That’s your son, Liam.”