Chapter 22: So, Do You Want the Good or the Bad News First?

Valerie's POV:

~ April 10th ~

The girls and I had brought the kids downstairs to the basement with us as I showed them the media room that Louis and I had been working on for the past month. I'd only just finished putting the last things in place in the room and I was excited to show the girls.

"Louis and I've been working on this room every chance we got for at least a month," I said, shifting my hold on Aiden to open the door. The media room was slightly larger than the music room/recording studio. On one side of the room was a TV on a TV stand with two speakers on either side of it attached to a CD player under the DVD player on the TV stand's shelf. Next to the CD player were Louis's gaming consoles. On one side of the stand was a rack full of CDs, on the other side, a small shelf of DVDs and video games. Opposite those was a full wall bookshelf, completely filled with books. Opposite the door was a chair with a lamp next to it and in the middle of the room was a sofa. On the walls were framed movie posters and in the corner of the room by the door were toys for the kids to play with. I swear if I could I'd spend all my time here and never get bored.

"Holy cow," Holly said with wide eyes as she took in the room. She set Adrienne down next to the toys as did I with Aiden and Perrie with Sierra. She made a beeline for the DVDs and Kiara followed her to look at the video games while Perrie went to the CDs and Sophia headed to the books.

"How long did this take again?" Kiara asked, skimming over the video games on the shelf.

"Three months at most to get everything," I said, "Then a month to gather everything up and set it up. Louis bought a bunch of the video games, I got the books, and both of us got CDs and DVDs." There was some heavy stomping from the stairs and a few moments later, Alexandra walked in.

"Hey guys, why are we in h- holy shit this is amazing." She stopped in the doorway and looked around, "This room... I'm in heaven." I laughed. Alexandra walked over to the bookshelf and looked over the titles, "Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Divergent, Beautiful Creatures, Maze Runner, Matched, Night World, The Fault In Out Stars, holy crap I might just have to steal a couple of these from you for a while Val."

"You should look at the DVDs," Holly said, "There's Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Mythbusters... oh my gosh you've even got House M.D. and AFV." Alexandra squeaked and walked over to where Holly was.

"This room is a fandom blogger's dream room," she sighed, running her hand over the DVDs, "Anyways; sorry it took me so long to get here. I had to make sure Jonah wasn't following me here.” All our smiles faded when we heard that.

“Following you here?” Sophia asked, “Why would he be following you at all?” Alexandra sighed, walked over to the sofa and fell back.

“He doesn’t want me hanging around you all,” she said, “For the past couple days he’s been following me to work and not letting me out of his sight.”

“Lexi, that’s not okay,” Holly said, “That’s really not okay?”

“I know,” Alexandra responded, “I know I have to break up with Jonah. I’m just- I’m just kinda scared.” There was a moment of quiet before Kiara broke the silence.