Chapter 20

Authors note: A bit closer to 1,000 reads, thank you so much for reading this far, I’m really sorry that I update so slow, but I had no ideas for this story and I didn’t want to ruin it like my most stories. Anyways from now on to make the story a bit more interesting and to have a better understanding of it, I’m going to mention where it takes place in bold. That’s it for now. I hope you guys keep reading and again thank you so much for reading.

**Maltz Household – Mary’s old bedroom**

Jonathon opens his eyes to see the Mary with a frown on her face. Jonathon not understanding why she was actually frowning at him asked, “Why are you frowning?” Mary replied as such, “Really, you don’t know why I’m frowning?” Jonathon shrugs his shoulders in confusion. Mary sighs and states the obvious, “You fainted for god’s sake. I’m the girl I should be the one fainting knowing that I will be marrying a total stranger in two days, not you.” Mary had a really bad headache and this was making it even worse.

Jonathon looked at Mary as she got up from beside him and walked to her makeup table. Taking a seat on the chair in front of the big mirror, she reached for her last drawer and takes a few tablets of aspirin. Looking over her shoulder she asks if Jonathon wanted any and he had gladly accepted the offer.

Mary gave Jonathon the aspirin and a glass of water which was already half since Mary had taken an aspirin earlier and drunken half of that water, to make sure it went down safely. Jonathon looked at the half drunken glass of water suspiciously.

“You drank from this glass, right?” Jonathon asks looking at Mary suspiciously.

“Yes I did what of it?” Mary asks confused.

“And now you want me to drink from the same glass that you drank from?” Jonathon questions further.

“I think so, yeah I am” Mary answers completely confused and not understanding why is questioning this glass of water so much.

“Are you sure you want me to drink from this glass that you have touched with your lips, are you positively sure?” Jonathon asks for the third time.

“Just drink the damn water, what’s the big problem?” Mary loses her temper and finally shouts.

Jonathon smirks at Mary, takes the aspiring followed by the water from the half drunken glass.

Relieved Mary asks, “See it wasn’t that hard now was it?”

“I just kissed you.” Jonathon says smirking at Mary.

Confused Mary says back with full force, “You didn’t kiss me, what are you talking about?”

“It was an indirect kiss. I warned you three times.” Jonathon replies with a shrug of his shoulders.

Finally understanding that with the indirect kiss he is referring to the fact that he had placed his lips where her lips had touched before making it that they shared an indirect kiss of some sort, but to her it was just plain childish. “I didn’t know that you are such a child about such things Jonathon, a real disappointment. If you are a man you can’t call that a kiss now can you.” Mary stated as she chuckled at Jonathon.

Jonathon got up from the bed and stood up rather suddenly, surprising Mary. Even so Mary continued her laughing without a care, but her mouth was closed Jonathon pressed his own against hers. Mary wide eyed, just looks at the smiling Jonathon. Jonathon backs away from Mary and then leaves the room, just stopping in his tracks to say over his shoulders, “I just kissed you.”

Jonathon Holder exited the room leaving Mary Maltz completely stunned and numb.

**Jonathon’s Apartment**

A few hours after Jonathon had left the household and was cooking a quick dinner for himself in his apartment, he received a message from the one and truly Mary Maltz. In the message all she had written was that she was going to plan everything and that all he had to do was to show up in The Central Park Boathouse wearing a black tuxedo. Jonathon didn’t mind Mary doing all the planning at all; it was actually a complete relief since he hated planning. Walking back to his kitchen he stopped. Jonathon went back to his coffee and reached for his phone. He texted Mary, texting, “I will prepare the food; just send me the menu and the number of people attending.” A second after it was sent, Mary replied, “Okay”

Jonathon placed his phone in his pocket and headed once again in the direction of the kitchen to eat his dinner, Jonathon’s dinner of the night was a cheesy and chickeny Quesadilla.  Just when Jonathon was down to the last piece of the Quesadilla, his phone buzzed, telling him he has a new message. Smiling he opens the message expecting it to be from Mary, but reading through the message his once smiling face turns to a mixture of anger, surprise and guilt.