Chapter 11

After writing that article it was already 9:00am so Mary saw no point in actually sleeping at this point since she had to be at work by 11:00am. So she decided to just have a bowl of cereal and take a shower and then head to work, but before she could forget, she sent the article to her boss since it was supposed to be ready by today because the new volume of the magazine was going to be published today. When Mary got out of shower she heard her apartment’s bell ring and with her towel still rolled around her naked body she decided to see who is at the door and it was the chef or should she say the NYC Master Chef, Jonathan Holder. She opened the door to her apartment immediately, completely forgetting the fact that she was particularly naked. Jonathon came straight in to her apartment and headed straight to her kitchen. Mary was a bit confused by his actions while she was  thinking what he might be doing in her apartment or trying to answer the bigger question  of how in the world did he find out where she lived; her thinking was disturbed when Jonathon said to her, “I’m going to make you breakfast to show you that my food is not tasteless and plain-“ Mary was going to cut him off and tell him that his pasta was actually really delicious when he read her mind and turned towards her and said while looking straight to her green eyes, “I will make breakfast since it seems that we both didn’t have a good night’s sleep, and while I do that can you please put some clothes on; I can’t cook while knowing that there is a woman behind me almost naked, it distracts me a lot.” Mary chuckled at his serious tone of voice and then went to her room to put some clothes on so that she wouldn’t distract the chef while he made breakfast.

Jonathon could not believe what he had just done. Who in his right mind bribes a policeman with food asking for a woman’s home address that he has to for some reason prove that his food is delicious? And what kind of policeman accepts that kind of bribe? But now that he was here, he would prove to Mary that his food is one of the best in NYC. He was done with making his family’s special cheesesteak when he heard a door open and knew that Mary was done getting dressed. He placed two plates and in each plate he placed a mouthwatering cheesesteak.