Chapter 2

When Jonathon woke up from the sleep that he didn’t remember falling to, he looked at his watch and was glad that he woke up because it was 11:30pm and he only had 30 minutes to get ready for the FM. He took a quick cold shower and just wore a simple grey T-shirt and jeans and headed straight to the diner, he was so glad he decided to rent the closest apartment he could find to the diner, he knew that it would come in handy in case he oversleeps which he always manages to do.

When he got to the diner it was all empty by 11:45 they start preparing for the FM so they close the diner for 15 minutes, opening exactly at 12:00am. Jonathan went inside through the kitchen’s backdoor and there stood Lukas with his arms crossed, and sighed and said, “Your late, don’t tell me you overslept again?” Jonathon gives him a smile as saying “you guessed right” and then went to the locker room to get his apron. Lukas followed Jonathon to the locker room and then sat on a chair next to the lockers and asked, “So what did you dream about?” Jonathon shook his head and said, “It was a nightmare Lu, I dreamt that my big sister found me and was strangling me, but thanks to that I was able to make it to the FM.” Lukas chuckled and said, “Why are you so scared of your big sister anyways?” Jonathon now wearing an apron sat next to Lukas and then looked him in the eyes and said, “You won’t be able to take it, assistant.” Jonathon laughed and went out to the kitchen leaving Lukas in the locker room. The time was 11:58 and so Jonathon yelled, “It’s time for the FM Lukas, come out here and lets open the diner.” Lukas came out of the locker room and joined Jonathon in front of the door. Jonathon looked at Lukas and Lukas nodded in agreement, Jonathon and Lukas both took one handle of the door and then opened it wide open, announcing that the FM has started.

As the door opened a lot of people came rushing to their tables which their names were placed on, most tables were full. Jonathon was working on the open kitchen which was built specifically for the FMs. How the diner looked like now would make anyone thing that it was a restaurant. As usual Jonathon was surrounded by people next to him while he was cooking everyone’s meals by in the order of their tables’ numbers. Jonathon instantly noticed that Mary, the new customer was still not here, he sighed a breath of relief but then to his great horror a woman walked inside the diner and Jonathon’s gaze went straight towards her and he knew for sure that she was Mary.