Chapter 6

Mary walked out of the diner and signaled for a taxi. While sitting inside the taxi, she remembered every single spice and tenderness in that one single bite of pasta; it was the best pasta she had ever tasted in her whole entire life. Mary began laughing when she noticed the drool beside her mouth, I’ms such a kid, she thought. How could she tell the cook, Jonathon that his pasta was tasteless and plain, it was actually the complete opposite of that. The driver might have thought that she had gone absolutely insane for what he looked at her through the mirror with a rather suspicious look in his eyes. Mary didn’t care much what the driver thought, what she actually cared about was if Jonathon actually believed her or not; deep inside she hoped that he had believed her. Mary wanted to know what he will do as he realizes that his cooking is tasteless and plain, she chuckled at the idea, thinking that nobody would be actually that dumb to care so much about what their customer says. Mary knew that she had to write good things about the diner in the weekly Cook-off Magazine as an apology for telling Jonathon Holder such a horrible thing directly to his face.

Little did Mary know that Jonathon was indeed effected by her words  almost immediately  and had set out to a place he had never wanted to go back to even if he was on the verge of dying. That terrifying place was his hometown, Philadelphia.