Chapter 13

• Dedicated to To My Dad

With a loud noise of a door opening and hitting the wall, both Mary Maltz and Jonathon Holder woke up from their deep sleep and the first thing they saw was each other’s face. Somehow while in deep sleep they had ended up way too close to each other which would give the wrong impression if someone saw. And that was exactly what happened. Of all people you would want to not give the wrong impression, the father of the girl who is wrapped around Jonathon’s arms walks straight in.

When Mary saw her dad’s face of anger and frustration, she knew that nothing was going to work, nothing would change her father’s way of he was seeing things at this very moment. Jonathon noticing that there had been a big misunderstanding here and was trying to justify himself, but no matter what he said it seemed to be totally pointless, he didn’t see the anger go off the old man’s face no matter what he said. Looking for ways to justify himself, Jonathon turned towards Mary and told her in a rather loud hushing voice, “You could help me a bit here.” Mary gave a sigh and said, “Jonathon, nothing is going to change my dad’s conclusion of this scene.” Jonathon went silent for a second and then literally shouted, “He is you dad?” Jonathon looked back at the man who through his eyes was shooting daggers towards him. The father finally lost his temper completely. Diego Maltz, the father, just grabbed Jonathon’s collar and then while looking straight to his eyes he said, “Taking my title wasn’t enough, now you are taking my precious daughter from me, Jonathon Holder?”