Chapter 26

**Merry John - Mary's Office**

Mary sat in her chair while tabbing her pen against the desk as Jake stood not too far from her awkwardly not knowing why his boss wasn't happy with the hiring of the NYC Master Chef. Jake noticed his phone's vibration inside his pocket and so checked his phone. His sister, Josephine, had sent her a link and asked, "Is this TRUE? (°_°)" As Jake read thought the article that Jo had sent him, he finally understood what he had fine wrong by hiring Mr. Holder. Mr. Holder was Miss Maltz ex-fiancé! This was new to him and he was supposed to know everything about Mary Maltz.

No time was spared for Jake to reflect on his actions as Jonathon suddenly opened the door to Mary's office without a single knock. As Mary saw Jon's face she positioned herself comfortable and with great confidence back on her chair and asks Jon with a smile and a rather sarcastic tone, "How can I help you my chef?" Jonathon ignored Mary's tone and replies, "Tomorrow, can you close the restaurant? Since I want to invite everyone in Merry John to a picnic party to celebrate me joining them." It was obvious to both Jake and Jonathon that Mary really didn't want to close the restaurant and even more to go to Jonathon's picnic party. However, it was also obvious that if she rejected the idea she was admiring that she has an issue with Jonathon and more than that it would make her seem like the party pooper who ruined the plans, so she answered, "Ok" with that single word Jonathon left the room after playfully Boeing at Mary and when he left from outside a loud cheer erupted, the cheer was followed by Mary's frustrated sighs.

**Next day -Jon's Picnic Party - Central Park**

Mary pasted in front of central park's gate, frozen. Her frozen state was shattered to normal by Jake's tapping of her shoulder. Jake looked at Mary worryingly and so Mary reassured him, "An employee shouldn't he giving that kind of face to their employer." With his boss's words, Jake pulled himself together and gave Mary a big fat toothy smile. After reaching the picnic party site where everyone was gathered, Mary and Jake split up. Mary headed for the food table and Jake went and joined the group of employees who were playing truth or dare as if they were teenagers again. Truth and Dare seemed really tempting and Mary was about to join when she noticed that Jonathon wasn't playing. At the end she decided against it as she wanted to meet Jonathon and ask him why he chose this stupid park. Just to remind her of the day that she was left with her wedding dress on apologizing to disappointed guests? Did he really hate her that much? She started going around the area to find Jonathon.

As Mary was looking around for Jonathon who seemed to have vanished to thin air, Jake was playing truth or dare. The girl across Jake asked him, "truth or dare?" Until then Jake had only said "truth", but he decided to switch things up and so he replied, "Dare." Everyone gasped and looked at the girl who was thinking deeply about the dare. A smile formed on the girl's lips and she said, "I dare you to make Jonathon and the boss to take a boat ride around the lake on that boat." as she pointed to a passing by boat with a lovey-dovey couple inside. Jake immediately regretted his choice.

What will happen between Mary and Jonathon as they peddle around the big pond in Central Park that they were supposed to be married in?