[Chapter 5]

Something light for your Sunday evening! :) 
This is going to start off with a little flashback as well, only to show reader-chan's true intentions. And then some thinker from Ranpo to Dazai...

Enjoy! xx

--------------------------------

[FLASHBACK]

"What are you talking about?" -you shouted at Mori. He wanted to get rid of your boyfriend, because he was afraid Dazai might murder him and take his place. "What if Akutagawa kills you? Or Chuuya? Or someone else?"
"They are not potential threats, (L/n)." -Mori shook his head. "But Dazai is."
"So?"
"So, if you don't want me to kill your dear lover, you will do as I say!" -Mori walked up to you.
"I'll do anything!" -you grabbed him by the collar, tears forming in the corners of your eyes. The last thing you wanted to happen was your boyfriend dying. "Don't hurt him!"
"It will be your job." -he patted your (h/c) hair.
Just a few hours later, you were dressed in your (f/c) (f/b) dress, as if it was a date.
You and Akutagawa were sitting in Dazai's favourite bar, waiting for him to show up.
"This is disgusting." -you whispered. Akutagawa put his arm around you and pulled you close.
"It will be over soon." -he said, looking at his phone on the table in front of you.
The phone lit up. That was your clue. Dazai was coming.
It was time to break the heart of the only man you ever loved...

[FLASHBACK OVER]

You woke up, gasping for air. You clenched your fist, pulling it close to your chest, slowly acknowledging where you were. It's all good, just a bad dream. -you sighed and stretched.

No shooting pain on your side or your head. Yosano fixed you up perfectly.

You noticed a bag of clothes on the coffee table right next to you.

You were grateful, as your old attire was covered in blood and holes.

"(Y/n), we've picked up some clothes for you, while you were asleep. Xoxo Naomi" -you read the piece of paper. You opened the bag and noticed what she picked. "N-Naomi...." -you sweat dropped. She found one of your sexy lingerie and brought it over, as well as a short skirt and a (f/c) V-neck. "Why the hell did she bring all this..."

You were no stranger to nice and expensive clothes, after all, you were able to afford them. But you didn't want to parade around in the outfit Naomi picked for you in front of Atsushi.

Fortunately, she packed your pyjamas as well. Baggy ones -though they revealed a little bit of your lower stomach, it was better than having your boobs out.

Obviously, you decided on the pyjamas.

As you got dressed in the bathroom, you heard Atsushi's voice.

"I'm back, (Y/n). I brought food." -he said.

Food.

Once you heard the magic word your stomach started to growl loudly.

"Hi!" -you got back in the living room. "What happened?" -you asked, but your eyes fixated on the food.

"We've got Kyouka back. She's staying with the president for now." -Atsushi replied and placed the food on the coffee table. It was ramen! You took a deep breath, indulging on the scent.

Seeing how hungry you were, Atsushi handed you some cutlery.

"Yumm." -you said with your mouth full. "This is great!" -you nodded at him as a thank you.

He joined you on the opposite side of the coffee table.

"Do you have cards?" -you asked after you finished your ramen, literally after 2 minutes Atsushi sat down.

"There's a pack in my drawer." -he disappeared to find playing cards. "Here." -he handed them the old deck.

You shuffled them.

"I'm gonna teach you a game I learned a long time ago." -you said.

You had no idea whether he figured out Dazai was a member of the Port Mafia or not, but you weren't particularly interested in any more drama. All you wanted to do was to play some cards.

***

After the Armed Detective Agency defeated the Port Mafia and got Kyouka back safe, Dazai went back to the office. He wanted to hide his book in the bottom of his drawer, as well as his feelings from everyone else at the agency.

He turned to lights on. However, the book was gone.

"What the...?" -he looked around his desk, underneath it and then turned to search through the entire office, when he noticed a chair squeak a little.

"I don't like this book, Dazai-san." -Ranpo spoke up from his chair, turning it around to face his colleague. "But I do understand why it is so important to you." -he cleared his throat a little and read a short, hand-written message from the book. "Happy Birthday, to my one and only Daz-Daz! Love you with all my heart, (Y/n)."

"Hmpf! And?" -Dazai said in a comical tone. "It's a present from my ex-girlfriend. I love that book."

"And her." -Ranpo picked up the photo Dazai kept as his treasure. "I don't need to use my deductive ability to see that you're still in love with that girl."

Dazai's chestnut, smiling eyes grew dark.

"My non-existent love life is none of your damn business, Ranpo." -his comical voice turned aloof.

"Maybe." -Ranpo stood up and walked to Dazai. He handed him the picture. "She still loves you. Just ask her, what really happened at that night. You might be surprised."

"What?!" -Dazai looked like as if he saw a ghost. How could Ranpo possibly know about that?! -he thought.

"Your eyes can easily deceive you, my friend." -Ranpo bid farewell, but before he exited, he added. "I'm never wrong."

"You don't even have an ability!" -Dazai shouted, turning his back to Ranpo.

"Well, then." -Ranpo let out a little chuckle. "I guess you've got nothing to fear." -he paused for a moment. "It'd really suck if I had no ability, though."

Silence fell.

Ranpo left the building, leaving Dazai to think and overthink things.

The man collected his book, but he didn't put it back in his drawer. It was time to stop hiding.

What if Ranpo's right. -he thought. I need to give (Y/n) a chance. 

----------

Short and sweet, just like Ranpo! :D
hope you enjoyed it! xx