[Chapter 2]

WARNING: SOME MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Tadaima!! :) Since I don't know if I'll be able to update during the week, I thought I'd bring another chapter just before we chime into Monday. ;)
It kicks off literally the moment the previous chapter ended. It won't be just 2nd person POV, but also times when reader-chan isn't aware what is happening. It's something that I'm trying out for the first time. There will be a little more emphasis on the other ADA members -hence the header pic ^^ I must admit, I love Ranpo, too :D

On with the chapter!
Enjoy! xx

--------------------------------------

"D-Dazai?" -you stuttered as your (e/c) eyes widened in surprise. His right eye was no longer covered in a gauze dressing and the small bandage disappeared off his left cheek. "What the hell, man?!" -you tried to play it cool, even though your heart was racing.

"I need your help with a case." -Dazai said in an informative tone. His brown eyes showed no compassion towards you.

Only business, then. -you thought, a little bit disappointed.

"And what does the Port Mafia have to do with Armed Detective Agency matter?" -you asked, folding your arms in front of your chest.

"Just you." -he said, moving towards the door. "I know you're no longer an associate of the Port Mafia." -he smiled. His smile made you blush. Or perhaps it was the weather. To be fair, it was warm and you wore a leather jacket.

"Can you fill me in?" -you raised an eyebrow.

"Only if you join."

"No, thanks."

With these words, you rushed down the stairs.

You didn't want to work with Dazai. You couldn't.

It'd just tear up all your old wounds you've been mending for the past four years.

As you ran down the stairs, you bumped into a white-haired boy. He carried a bunch of paper that flew in every direction because of you.

"Sorry, miss!" -he said.

"Watch where you're going!" -you huffed and continued with your escape.

He didn't reply to your harsh words. In fact, he was quietly picking up the pages.

You took a deep breath.

It wasn't his fault you were angered.

"Here." -you picked up a couple of sheets and handed to him. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Thanks." -he took them.

You looked at his features. His purple-yellow eyes, the bang on the right side of his head... It took you a second to recognise he was the were-tiger that gave Akutagawa a hard time.

"Ah, Atsushi-kun, you got all the paperwork. Great!" -Dazai appeared with a proud smile on his face.

Damn, he got me. There was no point running away. -you bit your lower lip.

"Yes, it's all here!" – Atsushi handed him all the pages.

"And you've met the latest addition to our team." -he added as he skimmed through printings.

"I never agreed!" -you protested.

"You looked at legal documents."

"I was helping..."