[Chapter 4]

Hello again :)
I don't know how popular this story is, but I hope you like it xD Feel free to check out my other fanfics if this isn't your cup of tea ;)

This is going to start with a Flashback (3rd POV) and we finally find out a little more about Dazai and reader-chan's past...

Enjoy! xx

----------------------------

[FLASHBACK 3rd POV]

Akutagawa pulled (Y/n) in and kissed her. His pale fingers played with her (h/l) (h/c) hair, while she held him by his white frill.
"You low life, son of a bitch." -Dazai pulled Akutagawa off of his girlfriend and shot the man three times. However, he was able to active Rashoumon as a defence in time. "How could you?!"
"Dazai, wait! Let me explain!" –(Y/n) grabbed his arm, as she couldn't control him any other way.
"Explain what? You're clearly having an affair with him!" -he shouted at her.
He never would have thought the only woman he ever loved would hook up with one of his apprentices. "I trusted you and you betrayed me!" -Dazai pushed her on the floor and pointed his gun at her. His voice was full of sorrow and anger, his eyes burning with fury.
The air between Dazai and (Y/n) became blurred. Akutagawa activated his Rashoumon to save (Y/n) from the bullets Dazai was ready to fire. He dropped his gun.
"I'm sick of you both." -he added in a calm tone and walked out of the bar. "Don't ever show your faces around me."
(Y/n) ran after him, but it was too late. Her man disappeared in the night, without trace. She shouted his name, hoping he'd come back and she could explain to him what was really going on...

[FLASHBACK OVER]

"Dazai-san!" -Atsushi rushed in the office.

"What is it, Atsushi-kun?" – he tried to keep up his cool and collected exterior. He put the picture back in the last page of the book.

"It's (Y/n). We've got attacked and..."

"Where is she?!" -Dazai jumped up from his chair.

"In Yosano's office..."

He rushed to the doctor's office, without a second thought.

He was worried about his ex-lover. No matter what happened between them, he cared for her as always, if not more.

"Akiko, please, get out." -Dazai left the door open for his colleague. "I want to talk to (Y/n) in private."

She muttered something under her breath and left.

"What happened to you?" -Dazai rushed to your side and sat on a chair.

"I'm so sorry." -you whispered. "I couldn't save them...." -you explained to him what happened today, how the Port Mafia attacked and took Kyouka away. "I don't know why I couldn't save them." -tears escaped your eyes. "I failed."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." -Dazai got hold of your hand.

"You're not mad?" -you blushed as you felt his hand squeezing yours.

"You must have been controlled somehow. It'd be unfair to be mad at you." -he gave you a reassuring smile. He took some cotton wool and iodine from the desk next to you. He started cleaning up the big battle scar on your head. You hissed as the process started. "Sorry, it'll only sting for a moment. " –he carefully patted the wound.

"Thank you." -you blushed. His face was so close to yours. You could feel his warm breath against your skin. You wanted to sit up, but...

"I...er... have to go!" -Dazai stood up in a hurry, knocking over the chair he was sitting on. "We need to get Kyouka back as soon as possible."

"O-okay." -you stuttered. You knew he didn't care for you that way. You were just a close friend to him. Or that's what you thought anyway. "Good luck."

"Yosano will take care of you."

With this, Dazai left. And you were taken care of by Yosano. In order to save you, she had to put you through hell, almost killing you. But by late afternoon, you were back on your feet.

You went to Atsushi's dorm, instead of your own place, and fell asleep on his couch.

You dreamt.

Dreamt about that fateful night when Dazai broke up with you... 

---------------------------

A little short but I hope you liked it. :) Feel free to give me your opinions -if there's a spelling mistake or anything you like/dislike ^^
Until later...