[Chapter 3]

Yay, new chapter! :D
It is going to be a little darker... mild violence and language. And some sweetness. As always, trying to stick to the OC's and hinting on the original storyline, too... just a little ;) 
Ready?

Enjoy!! xx

-------------------------

Your day with Atsushi and Kyouka was nice. She wanted to go for waffles, so the three of you decided to do that after sushi.

You and Atsushi stayed back as Kyouka got her waffle. You knew her from before, but she was completely different now. Her personality. You no longer saw the murderer she was not so long ago. Even Dazai... he seemed to be a helpful, caring man. He cared for you and loved you, while the two of you were together, but he never really cared for others. He was ruthless.

"(L/n)-san..." -Atsushi started, interrupting your train of thought.

"Call me (Y/n)!" -you corrected him. Hearing your last name reminded you far too much of your Port Mafia past.

"Right, (Y/n). You and Dazai-san... "

"I'm not going to discuss my past with you, were-tiger." -your facial expressions were as cold as ever. Port Mafias don't spill the beans, unless they're being tortured.

"How do you..." -Atsushi stopped for a moment. "You're with the Port Mafia then?"

"Close enough." -you turned your back to him. "I was." -he was still looking at you as if you were going to take him and deliver him for a bounty. "Relax, I'm not here to take you." -you huffed and looked around. "But they are..." -you noticed a couple of Port Mafia members in the crowd. "Come on!" -you grabbed Atsushi's arm and pulled him. You marched to Kyouka and with your free hand you grabbed her arm. She dropped her waffle.

You weren't sure who they were here for:

You, to kill you for your betrayal, Atsushi, to deliver him for the bounty or Kyouka, to bring her back to the organisation and make her murder more people.

"(L/n)-san, what an interesting job!" -you heard Ozaki Koyo's giggle nearby.

"So you became a babysitter after you left the organisation?" -Ichiyo Higuchi was right next to her with her machine guns.

"Go away, girls!" -you shouted. "If you want to kill me, do it, but leave them out of it." -you pushed Atsushi behind you and hugged Kyouka close. She grabbed your jacket with her small hands.

"Aww, aren't you cute?!" -Koyo cooed at your action. "Now!" -she shouted.

The same moment, you heard a couple of gunshots.

All the shooters were out of rage, including Higuchi, too far for you to control their body motions. However, the moment the bullets got close enough to you three, they were stopped and dropped to the ground.

You chuckled.

"You stupid bitches." -your (e/c) eyes grew dark. You were full of anger and hate. "You think you can get rid of me with a few out-of-range bullets?!"

Unfortunately for you, that wasn't the only plan they had.

Gin Akutagawa sneaked up behind you, soundless and careful, and hit you square on the head with a baseball bat. You lost your balance and fell on your knees. Blood emerged from the side of your head.

"Rashoumon!" -you heard the familiar shout. You were able to stop that. You knew Akutagawa was going to hurt Atsushi, while Koyo was there to take Kyouka back.

You were able to stop Rashoumon, but only for a moment. As you got the next hit, straight to your ribs, you couldn't keep your control anymore. You fell on your side, as Gin was ready to hit you again...

Atsushi shouted in pain. You knew he was hit, because of you.

Kyouka was crying in the distance. They took her.

You and Atsushi were helpless. Even though both of your abilities were strong, neither of you could use them to your own aid.

"Retreat! We've got what we've come for!" -Koyo ordered the dogs around her.

They all vanished.

With Kyouka. All that left of her was her half-eaten waffle on the asphalt.

You massaged your sore head and walked to Atsushi. His white shirt was drenched in blood, escaping from the massive wound from his shoulder that Akutagawa must have caused.

"Are you okay?" -you kneeled next to him.

"Yeah..." -he hissed and sat up. "What the hell was that?"

"They took Kyouka."

"You couldn't stop them?"

"It never happened before." -you dropped your eyes. This was the first time you couldn't control the people and their actions surrounding you. On any day, you wouldn't have had issues. But today... you felt you let down everyone.

What is wrong with me? -you thought.

"I couldn't transform either." -Atsushi added.

"You mean...?" -you looked at him.

"If this has anything to do with our new case, the cryokinetic girl...."

"We have to let everyone at the Agency know!" -you jumped up, a little too quickly. "Ouch..."

"Careful, (Y/n)!" -Atsushi grabbed you.

"How come you're not in pain?" -you wondered.

"I regenerate quickly." -he said and you nodded at the information. You thought your ribs may be broken. "I can refer to our in-house doctor. It will hurt, but she can bring back anyone from near death."

"Great." -you coughed in pain.

The two of you made it back to the Agency. Lucky for you, you've been through worse while you were with the Port Mafia. However, you've never been attacked by Gin.

"Yosano-san!" -Atsushi knocked on the doctor's door.

"What happened to you two?" -the woman, with shoulder-length black hair took you off Atsushi's back. You couldn't walk up the stairs, so Atsushi offered you a piggy back. You remembered her from the morning. She was also eavesdropping.

"We were attacked."

"Hm, it doesn't seem to be life threatening." -Yosano examined your body. You hissed as she pressed on your side. "But I can patch her up in a few hours."

"Wait!" -you sat up, whimpering in pain. "Can I talk to Dazai first?"

"Huh? Why?" -Yosano asked in utter confusion. She already got her chainsaw plugged in.

"I'll get him." -Atsushi took off.

***

Dazai was alone in the office. He looked around another time or two before he opened his drawer. Under the several pages of different cases, he picked out a book titled as "No Longer Human". It was a birthday present he received from you.

He opened the last page of the book. His most valuable treasure was hidden there. It was a picture of you and him. Dazai remembered this night well. You were having some drinks after a successful mission. Ango took the photo of you.

In the picture, Dazai hugged you close, with a little smile on his face, while your hands were wrapped around his neck and you kissed his cheek.

"Yare-yare..." -Dazai sighed as he looked at the picture. "What have we done, my dear (N/n)-chan?"

But quickly, he remembered that fateful night.

The night that broke your relationship...

---------------

Ending it with a cliffhanger. Cruel? :P
Thanks for every read, I hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think! All  is appreciated!!
xx