Manic noticed Desi watching him, and smirked. I have a man, you vicious twit. It’s not like I’m chasing this guy. I just have eyes. She stalked over to the Killjoy and trailed a finger down his arm. “Desi, this is Crash Rebel, the one who lost his little sister.”

                Crash Rebel’s eyes hardened and he looked down at Manic’s hand. “She has a name. Use it.”

                Manic coughed, and straightened her spine. “His little sister, Trouble Smash, is one of the ones missing.”

                Manic ran down how many people were missing, and then Fun Ghoul spoke up with the plan of attack. ‘Party Poison and Jet Star are heading toward Dr. D to see if he can do anything to help. Kobra Kid and I will each head up a group, and Desi and Rasta will have the third group, while Shasta and Candy have the fourth. Desi, Rasta, why don’t you guys take off first and check all of the abandoned warehouses, in case they’re still nearby.”

                Kobra Kid looked around the group of Killjoys. “Who’s heading out with Desi’s crew?” Cyanide Smash and Crash Rebel immediately stepped forward, along with Bubblegum Rocket and a few other Killjoys. “No one else? Okay then, get going.”

                As they approached the first warehouse, Desi mentally scrambled for a plan. She’d never been a leader, and definitely not in any situation like this. How do I not screw this up? Little kids are in danger. These people think I’m strong enough to be a leader, a legend. A hero…

                Desi straightened her spine, and whistled. “Okay, here’s the plan. We surround the warehouse; leave a Killjoy at every exit we find. I give the signal, and we go through, on guard, ready to shoot. Clear it out, step by step.”

                “Doesn’t that sound a little hot-headed and brash?” Gunmetal Diva piped up. Admittedly, it might not have been the smartest, most defensive, text book plan. But, they were Killjoys, not one of the old-school tactical police teams from before the Fall.

                “We’re Killjoys, not the S.W.A.T. team. We are a little hot-headed and brash.”

                “She has a point,” Crash Rebel said. “Besides, we all know this isn’t a BL/ind type of move, especially with this many Killjoys around. Unless it’s one of the random rare survivalists and paranoids who are neither BL/ind minion nor Killjoy, it’s some rogue dark-hearted psycho ass bastard that calls themselves a Killjoy! Whether it’s my little sister or not, we all deserve to run in guns blazing, and shoot him until he can’t see straight. Killjoys don’t do that!” he exclaimed.

                “Well said, but shouldn’t we still exercise a tad bit of caution?” one of Shasta’s killjoys spoke up.

                Rasta slowly broke out into a smile, Desi’s favorite. It was the one that always preceded a kick-your-ass-in-gear pep talk. He looked up to meet Crash Rebel’s eyes, and spoke. “Like Rebel said, we’re Killjoys, and quiet and sensible are never words that apply to us. Screw caution, let’s kick some ass!”

                Several other Killjoys, including Bubblegum Rocket, cried out, “Hell yeah!” and “Right on!” among other cheers.

                Desi quickly shushed them. “I hope the bad guy isn’t in there, because if he is, we just gave him a head start.”

                Quickly, the Killjoys dashed around, finding doors. Even if it was locked, the Killjoy still stood guard, in case they escaped from the inside.