Be Careful what you Wish For

Alright, a lot of this will be close to the anime in this chapter, but let's get the explanations and such out of the way, hm? Though there will be some explanation in the next chapter, too. Then it should be done... And also, no, you and Yukine won't be falling for each other right away. Why? Because I don't believe in true love at first sight, I love the thrill of the chase and the characters' reactions wouldn't seem realistic. If you want automatic romance, try a one-shot.

-----------

        Where am I? What is this never-ending darkness? Why can't I see anything?

        You tried to look around, but with no success. You couldn't move, you couldn't remember anything, and you had no clue as to why. The only things you could do were listen to your surroundings, continue to wonder and feel the chill night air nip at your skin.

        Is this a nightmare? Am I dead? I want to know what's going on. I want to see my surroundings, and move, and speak.

        "Jungle Savate!"

        Your numerous questions were interrupted by a female's voice. The voices grew louder and louder and seemed as though they were drawing closer. Fear started to rush through your body.

        "Hiyori, be careful of your cord! Sekki, you need to try harder. It's a tough battle, but-" the male yelled. "Another Regalia!"

        What's this feeling?

        "You, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return, I grant you a place to belong." Amongst the chaos was this calm, familiar voice.

        This can't possibly be the same guy, right?

        "My name is Yato. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name, I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia! Thou art Miyuki! As Regalia, Setsu. Come, Reiko!" You then transformed into a kama, and finally, you could see. At first you were blinded by a bright light. You longed to finally see your true surroundings, but as you received your wish, you regretted it. You saw multiple giant, creepy, almost jello-like creatures. And no longer did you feel the cold, but rather, the sweaty hand of the only male in sight.

        So that was the same person's voice... Wait, what's happening?

        Before you knew it, Yato tore through one of the creatures with you in one hand and a katana in his other. Between the sweaty hand and the monsters you tore through, you weren't sure which felt worse. You'd rather be surrounded by the ice cold air again, and sure enough you got this wish, as well.

        "You who would desecrate this land of the rising sun! With my advent, I, the Yato god, lay waste with the Reiko and Sekki and expel thy vast defilement! Rend!" Once the last creature was ripped apart, the area was red and something white appeared in the night sky. It was huge, strange, but then it disappeared. "Yukine, Miyuki, good work!" You then appeared in front of a tall man with black hair and piercing blue eyes; a girl with pink eyes, brown hair and a tail and a boy around your age with blond hair and orange eyes. You now took time to examine yourself; you wore a plain, white yukata that failed to fight the wind and your hair ended around your waist. Or mostly, anyway. Upon seeing a few short hairs your hand flew to the back of your head, only to discover a giant patch of your hair ended an inch below your shoulders. With the fear of what just happened and the air teaming up against you, you began to shiver.

        You adverted your attention to the others. You first looked at the girl. "Hiyori." Next was the blond. "Sekki... No, Yukine?" And lastly, the other male. "Yato... A god, you said? And I'm... Miyuki? Or is it Reiko? But then..."

        "You're pretty sharp for a teenager, huh? Yukine, you have a few things to learn from this girl!" Yato said with a laugh, but then he turned serious. "I am your master, Yato. I am the Yato god. I have summoned you from the Far Shore to serve as my second Regalia. The name I have given you is Miyuki, and as a weapon, Reiko. And this here," he gestured to the blond, "is Yukine, or more formally, Yuki. And as a weapon, Sekki. I permit you to serve and remain by my side for a long time. There is nothing left to fear." With this, he held out his jersey for you to wear. Considering this man brought you to life and you were just meeting these people, you wanted to be polite, but that jersey was reeking of sweat.

        "I'm alright, thank you." You were prepared to start asking questions, but you were cut off.

        "See? That thing smells disgusting! Of course she wouldn't want to wear it!" Yukine yelled, causing Yato to freeze.

        So this is why people say to be careful of what you wish for.