Unrevealed Pasts and Unaswered Questions

Last chapter was shorter, and this one and the next few probably will be too. Sorry about that. But they're important and quality over quantity, so...
        Warning: A bit of swearing in this chapter. But this chapter is important. I would NOT recommend skipping it.

---------

        You looked down at your now bare wrist with your mouth opened slightly to say something. But there was nothing to say. Yato has made his choice. There weren't any questions that haven't been answered and there was no need to state the obvious. So you closed your mouth. You looked back up at Yato's blue eyes. But soon they blended with everything else.
        "Miyuki..." Yukine took a step in your direction but you took a few steps back. You turned on your heel and ran, ignoring Yukine's calls after you.

        Yato chose Nora over me. I've disobeyed him one too many times, and he's done. That was the last straw.

        The cool metal of your necklace pressed against your chest increased the burning sensation in your eyes. Your legs ran, but your tears ran faster. You looked up, but your eyes continued to blind you of your surroundings. You found a dark spot between two buildings and sat there, curled up in a ball. You harshly wiped away the tears, only for them to be replaced by new ones. After a few more times you gave up, realizing you were merely increasing the irritation. Your hands flew to your head and started to squeeze, as though it were an attempt to crush the thoughts running through your head and rid yourself of the killer-headache.
        "Smells nice..." Your head shot up and you were just able to make out a blue-green phantom. "You went too far... He doesn't want you anymore... He doesn't like you anymore..."
        "No," you whispered under your breath. You snapped your head in the other direction, only to see a pink blob- another huge phantom. You shut your eyes tight, just wanting it all to go away.
        "He doesn't like you..."
        "That's a lie. He watched over me. He cared about me." You pulled your necklace out from under your shirt, grasping the coin tight.
        "Things change." Your eyes snapped open.

        "You, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return, I grant you a place to belong." You could hear the sound of a familiar voice, but it was faint compared to your screaming thoughts. "My name is Bishamon. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name, I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia! Thou art Kichi. As Regalia, Setsu. Come, Nyoko!" You transformed into a kubikiribōchō and flew into the hand of your new master. You couldn't focus. But still, somehow the phantoms were quickly taken care of. "Well done, Kichi." You appeared in front of a blonde woman with hair down to the ground and purple eyes. Next to her stood a male with brown hair, green eyes and a stern look. The woman turned around and you just managed to hear her voice. "Damn that god. Not only did he kill my Regalia, but he..."
        "Lady Bishamon. While it is remarkable that this Regalia can defeat such powerful Phantoms in that limited amount of time, even when dulled this much, a Regalia like that is no good," the male told her.
        "I'm not releasing her, Kazuma. We are to take her to the shrine-"
        "But don't you remember last time-"
        "Kazuma! That's enough. You are to take her to the shrine and show her around." The male looked at you with an intimidating stare and pushed up his glasses.
        "Yes, Lady Bishamon."

        You now laid in your new bed, staring up at the ceiling. That memory continued to play over in you head, and it had been for the past few days. You stood up and walked over to the mirror. You examined your new clothing, your new room, your new home.You pulled out the necklace and stared at the coin.

        "Things change..."

        "Well, maybe I didn't want them to!" You ripped off the necklace and hurled it across the room. But the Phantom's words did not cease to play over in your mind. You walked over to the only thing you recognized an knelt down. Your fingers brushed over the cool metal and you forced back the tears. Your own voice just barely managed to reach your ears. "I didn't want things to change."
        "Kichi." You turned your head to see Kazuma in the doorway. There was a distasteful look in his eyes as he watched you. He adjusted his glasses. "Lunch is prepared." You put the necklace in your pocket and straightened up, following him out the door.
        He led you to a table with food and Regalias all dressed practically the same from one end of the table to the other. They all sat straight up- even the kids. And then at the end of the table was Bishamon. There was a free seat on either side of her. Kazuma cleared his throat to catch your attention and nodded in the direction of the table. You sat down next to Bishamon and across from you sat Kazuma.  The other Regalias had warm, friendly discussions, but you sat in an awkward, unwelcoming silence.
        "Kichi." You tensed at the sound of your name and looked into a pair of exhausted, purple eyes. "Have you ever done any training with Yato?"
        "No, Lady Bishamon."
        "Is that so?" There was a pause and you thought to have seen the slightest patch of purple creeping around her neck. "How would you like to leave the shrine tomorrow night?"
        "I thought you wanted me to stay in the shrine." Bishamon didn't take you on missions. She didn't tell you why, but she didn't have to. Shrines were a no-go zone for Phantoms, and it was plain to see you were having Phantom-worthy thoughts. You looked back at the patch, just now recognizing what it was.
        "There is something I would like you to help me with."
        "As you wish, Lady Bishamon." When you finished up your meal you went to your room, but managed to hear Bishamon and Kazuma discussing something on the other side of the wall.
        "Why are you keeping it? You shouldn't have done this again. A Regalia like that is to be disposed of."
        "We both have scores to settle."
        "It's not worth it. At this rate you will be in no shape for tomorrow night."
        "We'll be just fine. And I need to get back at that bastard. Regalias should never be treated like that."
        "They should be if they cause this much blight for his or her master. There is no need to repeat the past-"
        "Kazuma. I have heard enough of this. Kichi and I will leave alone tomorrow night in search of him. He will not get away with murdering my Regalia. I don't want to hear another word about this."
        "Yes, Lady Bishamon." And with that, a door closed. You laid in bed with the necklace beside your head. Each time you looked at it you felt confusion and sorrow begin to rise inside of you. Questions rushed around inside your head, but for once you didn't want to know the answers. You forced the thoughts away in hope to get one peaceful night of sleep. Your eyes closed and you shut your mind off, but not before allowing one tear slip out to soak your pillow.