Chapter 5

" Being at peace felt more dangerous than being in the middle of chaos "
_myth_

" It's good to see you Kai " Max said with a goofy smile plastered on his face .

" hmm" was kai's curt answer .

" So Mr Dickenson let's talk about the bey-......" Ray was cut off by an enchanting laughter followed by a loud thud which caused everyone's head to turn towards the direction of the stairs .

" Hmmmppp" Tyson made a face and with flushed cheeks came and sat beside Kai .

" Hi " he said to Kai but Kai couldn't respond to him because he was tongue tied thinking about all the possibilities as to whom the voice belonged .

The voice eventually subsided and from the stairs descended a beautiful auburn haired girl . She looked so innocent with her angelic features and her big green eyes added to it's beauty .

Kai remained frozen in his seat . He couldn't move , couldn't hear anything Tyson and the others were saying . All he could do was stare at the girl wearing the mask of innocence but in reality was capable of causing havoc in whichever place she went .

Yes . To him she was a deceiver who brought nothing but destruction . And looking at her didn't help to subside his hatred .

"Finally " Pearl said after reaching the room and happily raised her head up only to lock eyes with the most dreaded person in her eyes .

"Kai" she whispered and looked at the cold eyes full of hatred directed towards her .
And once again she came face to face with her past which she badly wanted to forget .

So much for running away . She said in her mind while her eyes could not wander away from her nightmare - kai.