anyways... flop! (1)

"Demi Lovato!" Mrs Knowles, the performing arts teacher, shouted behind her makeshift desk.

Demi trudged herself on stage, a microphone in hand and a huge smile on her face. Mrs Knowles was disgusting by the sight of her. Demi would probably get the role of the tree if she's lucky.

However, Mrs Knowles had to by law give everyone a chance. She thought that was bullshit but she didn't want to be homeless so. She forced herself to smile and said, "what are you singing today, sweetie?"

Demi breathed heavily before saying, "Halo."

Mrs Knowles could've laughed right there and then. No way was this lump gonna be able to sing a masterpiece like Halo.

Mrs Knowles stared at Demi for a few seconds before blinking her eyes and nodding her head. She wanted to see how this would turn out.

Demi smiled again before looking at Mr Sheeran to start playing the piano. He didn't get the message, however, until Demi shouted 'hurry up' in his face.

Mr Sheeran played the first notes and Mrs Knowles got so enchanted by the soothing sounds. But when Demi started singing the lyrics, Mrs Knowles was yanked out of her enchantment. It took everything she had to not cover her ears.

Mrs Knowles thought the screeches coming out of Demi's mouth were equivalent Whale's mating call and a Pelican's cry.

Three minutes went by and Demi had to start doing falsettos. It was so horrendously awful that Mrs Knowles almost stood up and clapped when Demi started choking.

Demi fell to the ground and the Janitors on sight dragged her away off the stage. "Make sure you actually take her to the hospital," Mr Sheeran shouted after them, reminding Mrs Knowles that she was dying.

She kinda felt bad afterwards but not enough to actually do something. She hoped the janitors knew how to CPR and would call an ambulance, she didn't want a dead kid on her watch.

Mr Sheeran turned to Mrs Knowles with a concerned look on his face. Mrs Knowles waved his look away and said, "she'll be fine. Next!"

***

2 Days Later

Mrs Knowles walked her way through the halls of PopCrave High to the main bullet board in the foyer. She had a long piece of white card in her hands with all the names of those who made it onto the cast and what role they would be playing.

She could already see a bunch of the theatre nerds surrounding the board, waiting for her to put the list up.

The crowd opened up in a nice, straight line for her to walk through and stick the list onto the board and quickly get out.

She walked away, ignoring the disappointed moans and the excited yells of the students as they pushed each other to read who got which role.

"What did you get?" Selena Gomez asked as her best friend, Taylor Hernandez Guadeloupe Swift, walked towards her with a smirk on her face.

"The lead, of course. You got Darwin's mother by the way," Taylor said, leading them back to their squad in the cafeteria.

Taylor specifically asked the girls in the squad to only be there today, she couldn't deal with the sight of men after her year-long boyfriend, Calvin Harris, broke up with her the night before. She didn't get an explanation, just that he was sick of being pinned down. Taylor thought it was a stupid reason and blocked him on everything before sending his nudes to all his friends.

She looked over at the jock table and saw Calvin staring at her. He looked angry. Taylor laughed at him before sitting down next to her minions. She knew the rest of the football team were teasing him about his micro-penis and she was glad, that's what you get for breaking up with the Aztec Goddess that was Taylor Swift.