Chapter [35]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Traitor: Daughtry

-Battleship: Daughtry

-Your Call: Secondhand Serenade

Hey guys I'm going to be writing a little of Nichole's POV in this chapter so you can get the in sight of what she's thinking and what she knows, so I hope you like it! Enjoy!

"He's coming back," Asher reassures me but I'm not so sure. Who takes off just like that leaving me standing there?

Oh that's right.

Justin Bieber does.

"Don't worry," someone taps my shoulder and when I turn around Pattie is nodding politely at her sons rudeness, and I just wish my parents were here.

I talked to my dad last night only to hear that he wasn't happy and my mother had barely said anything more than a hello or goodbye to him since I left. I guess I'm not the only one is sinking inside now. This freedom I have been searching for is a hell of a punishment.

"I have to board soon," I glance from side to side franticly searching for my hazel eyed boy, but the sea of people shows every one but the boy I am looking for.

He said he'd be the last goodbye and the first hello, but if he doesn't hurry up he'll be the first person I'll call when I land.

"You will call me right?" Asher glances up at me, batting his eyes like I was leaving for eternity. Maybe I was; Justin said we were getting our own place.

"I'm going to miss you," my little boy whispers and I'm taking his hand.

"I'm coming back in a week,"

He rolls his eyes, "That's what everyone says, I'm not stupid, Selena."

He's not right either. I won't ever leave him. Not the way his mother and father and even Justin have, or that dancer girl he liked. Never.

"Hey," I bend down so now I can look up at him, holding onto both of his hands, "I'll make you a promise, okay?"

Asher waits for me to continue and I know that I can't promise anyone but this little boy who started it all.

"I can promise you that I'll always come back and you have to promise that you won't ever outgrow me."

Asher smiles, "How could anyone outgrow you, Selena? You aren't that smart with my brother, but I love you anyway, but that doesn't mean I'd outgrow you."

My heart leaps out at every word that leaves his lips. I know one day he will scrunch up his nose at these memories when I remind him. Asher will remind me that I was only his babysitter before he got too old and I'll fade, whether he knows it or not.

I shake my head slightly, glancing at a grinning Pattie and smirking Jeremy, before standing again, "Why couldn't you just be with me, Asher?"

"I am with you," Asher says.

"Yes you are," I kiss his hand and he pulls back crinkling his nose.

"I'm not a baby, you can't kiss my hand." Asher wiggles his hand out of mine and I laugh before taking the handle of my suitcase and dragging it behind me. Pattie, Jeremy and Asher follow until I stop right in front of my gate.

Jeremy pulls me into a quick hug and Asher's hand finds a way back to mine, baby or not. Pattie smiles and whispers how important I am and Justin is coming.

"I hope you're right," I whisper, looking into her eyes, but she's not looking at me. In fact she's looking right behind me, with a half smile over taking her lips as she takes Asher's hand and backs away.