Chapter [23]

The songs for this chapter are;

-Take Me Home: Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha

-Alone Together: Fall Out Boy

-(I Can't) Forget About You: R5

Justin's POV

I'm in my room putting on more of a suitable outfit when my phone rings, startling me and making my stomach do that little shit drop before you register that its nothing.

"Someone left early." The voice says dreary and I continue to wish sometimes she didn't have my phone number.

I rest the phone on my shoulder and pull up my jeans, letting the light wash pants hang half way down my torso, "Why are you calling me Aubrey?"

"I need a friend." She complains.

"Go talk to Clay." I set the phone down on my bed and contemplate before putting her on speaker no matter how much I don't want to hear her annoying voice this early in the morning.

"He doesn't want to see me now."

I roll my eyes, "I wouldn't either. I thought you were done with his ass?"

"I thought you were sort of his friend, Justin? And lets face it, it's hard to stay away from him for too long. He's a king at making me jealous and it just sucks me in every time." I can tell she has locked herself in a room because of the echoing, but I decide to keep my mouth shut.

Even though how much I want to tell her she's a fool, I don't and instead wish the silly girl luck before I'm on my way.

"Aubrey, listen," I close my door behind me and make sure to have both Selena's and my rock in my back pocket before I make my way downstairs, "I have to go, but just get away from Clay, please."

There is heavy breathing coming from her line and I don't know if she is even listening anymore. But when her whimper breaks through and the loud knock on the door sounding through the phone, I know she finally is listening, but if she wants to do it; that's a different story.

"You are going to find Selena aren't you?" Aubrey asks and I halt.

I nod even though she can't see me, "Yeah,"

"Are you going to tell her?" Aubrey asks and I can picture her standing in front of a mirror now, pursing her lips. It's crazy how much you know someone sometimes.

It's the way Selena wants to know me.

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

"I still like her though Justin, I don't want to see you break her heart the way," Aubrey stops and I almost drop my phone, "the way Nichole broke yours."

I bite my lip and take a glance at myself in the mirror before opening the front door, and for the first time in forever, bothering to lock it.

"No one broke my heart, stop saying that she was such an impact on me." I lie and I'm not sure who I am trying to fool anymore. Everyone knows how hard it was for me, I was falling in love when Nichole wasn't and now I have to blame her for making me the way I am today.

I've never hated someone so much in my life until now. But Clay is right up there with Nichole.

"Okay, I'm sorry go get Barbie." Aubrey says.

"Barbie?" I question and Aubrey snickers.

"Well more like Skipper, but she's too good for you." My heart sinks as the words echo into my mind. They remind me of Kendra's words and the thought of the redhead sends shivers down my spine.