VALENTINES DAY!

This is not a chapter, and has nothing to do with were the story is now. I just thought it would be fun to do, but this scene will happen more in detail later in the book.

Justin's POV

My door swings open and slams into the wall. I slowly lift my head in time to have Asher pounce on my back.

He sailed through the air and landed on the middle of my spine.

"What the hell?" I roll over pushing my brother onto the sheets behind me.

"Come on it's Valentines day!"

"I don't need to get up yet."

Asher nudged my shoulder, "What about Selena?"

I close my eyes, "What about her?"

Asher placed his small hands on my face and pried my eyes open. He leaned over my face, "Didn't you get her something?"

"One, get off of me and go brush your teeth and second, little man, we aren't even together." I shove my little brother off and sat up rubbing my eyes.

What time was it?

I glance over at my clock to see it was only seven.

I didn't even get up for school until seven thirty, why the hell was everyone up already?

Asher was still sitting on my bed smiling at me, wearing nothing but pajama bottoms.

"But you like her?" Asher suggests.

I nod, "Yeah."

"Do you love her?"

I shot my littler bother a glare as I climbed out of bed and ran a finger through my hair, trying to smooth down the hairs out of place.

No, I didn't love Selena. What was love anyway? It clearly wasn't what Selena and I had.

Does she love me?

Why would she love someone like me? What do I have to offer her anyway.

The answer is clear, I don't love her, and she shouldn't love me.

"I don't love anyone."

Asher's smile fades, "You don't love me, or mom or dad?"

"It's a different kind of love," I shrug and pull a shirt out of the drawer. Like my brother I only sleep in a pair of pajama bottoms. It's crazy sometimes how much we are alike, "Now go get ready for school."

"Mom said we could miss the first hour or so." Asher lays down on my bed and pulls the comforter up to his chin.

I drop the shirt onto the ground before stalking over to close the door again. But before it is shut I see a flash of red disappear down the hallway.

What is she doing here?

"Asher get up." I whisper before starting down the hall. My little brother quickly bounds across the floor, shattering my hopes for being quiet. In the end I just end up bounding down the stairs and lazily make my way into the kitchen.

The lights are off, but the smell is amazing.

I lift my nose into the air to further catch the scent. It simmers inside my nose, the cinnamon making my mouth water.

Asher does the same and let's out a breath the same time that I do.

There we go again, acting so alike.

Sitting at the counter with a cupcake, is my Selena...I mean, Selena. She is wearing a thin red sweater and her hair is pulled back into a curled ponytail. She looks absolutely gorgeous, and I want to do so many things to her. If only Asher wasn't here....

"Oh hey," She turns to us, her lips slightly twitching in the process, "Did I wake up up?"

"No he did." I point to Asher who smiles before taking a cupcake, "What are you doing here?"

"My parents don't like Valentine's Day, so I figured this house might be more lively." Selena reaches for another cupcake and hops off the bar stool to hand it to me.

I take it, "Well, you guessed wrong."

"Clearly."

She smiled at me, her gaze lingering on my lips, and a stupid twinkle appearing in her eyes. What the hell is going through her mind right now? 

Does she love me? Is she going to say it?

"I got you something." Her smile only grows, but I'm relieved the words aren't I love you.

"Oh cool." I strip the cupcake and bite into the frosting. It is cinnamon flavored and I immediately shovel more into my mouth, "How did you get in anyway?"

Both my parents are away again, so how did she get in?

"You never lock the front door remember?" She leans over to shuffle through her bag. A second later, she pulls out a red box with a red bow tied on the front.

I suck in my breath. Shit. What is Selena getting me gifts for? Should I feel bad that I don't have shit for her? Did she get something for Asher too.

When she hands Asher a spiderman action figure, my guess confirms it. This isn't fucking Christmas.

"Uh...Thanks." I start, and her eyes locked on my hands confirm that she's waiting for me to open it.

Great.

I slowly begin to undo the bow and both Asher and Selena stare me down. I want to tell them to close their eyes, so I can take in this probably horrendous gift in private, but instead I slowly lift the lid off.

With shaky hands, I slowly pull out a piece of paper. I smile before I even read the whole thing. In front of me Selena throws her head back and laughs, and Asher jumps around trying to see. I lift it up higher.

"Let me see." Asher whines setting his action figure on the counter.

I lift the paper higher, "It isn't appropriate for your eyes."

"I'm eleven."

"It doesn't matter." I slowly put the paper back into the box and lower it. Asher makes no attempt to grab it, instead he turns his attention back to his doll.

Isn't he a little old to still be playing with action figures?

"Well?" Selena steps closer to me, "What do you think?"

I pull her closer by her hip, and her lower thigh rubs against mine. My breath immediately catches in my throat, and the burning sensation ignites on my skin when she touches my bare chest.

"It was pathetic." I move my face closer to hers, but she stops me, and I step back quickly with Asher staring wide eyed at us.

"I'm going to go upstairs." he quickly disappears, and Selena and I assume the same position. This time she takes the box out of my hand and pulls out the paper.

"Dear Jay," She starts, "You are the worst person I have ever met. The truth is I hate you. Happy Valentines Day to such a dick."

I chuckle before taking the paper and box out of her hand and shuffling to set it on the counter behind her. She shuffles with me, a grin snaking its way up over her lips.

"Happy Valentines day to such a bitch." I whisper before quickly brushing my lips against hers.

"I hate you."

"I hate you."

I'm glad that the three words are anything but I love you. But for some reason I have a feeling that might be coming next.