18. He Became a Scar

He Became a Scar

He Became a Scar.

I looked back before slipping myself inside Seungcheol's car, seeing only Jeonghan by the door to see me off.

"Hey," Seungcheol called, making me turn to him, "You waiting for someone?"

I heaved a sigh before shaking my head. He looked unconvinced but decided to not press into it. He stepped on the gas pedal and the car started moving, the figure of the pavement I once shared with Wonwoo slowly getting smaller, until it went out of my sight.

I fought the urge to tell Seungcheol to stop, to get out of this damn car and run to where I think Wonwoo would be.

Somewhere unreachable, somewhere far.

How could Wonwoo ignore me like that? How could he not see me even once in weeks, when I was here, dying to get a glimpse of him, wanting him and waiting for him. How could he abandon me that easily?

Sure our times together were short, but it was so wonderful and colorful that I almost lost myself in it.

I must be just some sort of a work for him. Someone he needed to care for because I was his patient. It all makes sense. He was more like a doctor than a friend, he left me when he thought that i was already fine.

I've seen a lot of this, in movies, books and even in flyers. People pretending to be a friend just for the sake of one's mental health. People pretending to care, when they actually don't.

It all makes sense. It all makes sense.

Why have i not seen it? Those eyes, those sharp eyes that holds mystery, understanding and warmth, they could be fake, for all i know.

I became too soft, i became blinded, i became too dependent on him that i failed to see what's the dark truth behind everything. I knew something was off with him, i knew that so many things held him back from me, I've felt it all. But i failed to recognize it. I failed to guard my heart, i failed to see the truth behind Jeon Wonwoo.

Streaks of pain travelled through my vein, deciding to settle inside my chest. I clutched on it in hopes to mend the pain, but it only felt more painful and painful that It has became hard to breathe.

"Mingyu? Mingyu, are you okay?!"

I looked out the window, wiping the tears that formed at the corner of my eyes, before seeing my own reflection on the window.

Wonwoo is definitely a good liar.

My eyes held no twinkle. And it mirrored his.

. · •⚫❄⚫• · .