8. Never Dull

Never Dull

Never Dull.

The door suddenly opened, snapping Mingyu back to Earth. He would have not realize that he was already staring at the ceiling for hours, if Wonwoo never came to his room with a smile plastered on his lips.

Mingyu sighed before ruffling his hair. It's getting more and more uncontrollable.

He felt like he was not getting any better.

“You okay?” Wonwoo asked, concern written all over his face.

Mingyu shook his head before lifting his gaze up to the ceiling again.

“You look,” Wonwoo paused and Mingyu threw him a glance, “Troubled.”

“I am troubled all the time. That's why I'm here.” Mingyu answered nonchalantly, before sighing. He laid on the bed on his side, his front facing the wall, and his back facing Wonwoo.

A moment of silence passed between the two. Mingyu almost thought that Wonwoo had left, and was starting to doze to another deep slumber before he felt the mattress of his bed moving, indicating that it was taking the weight of something.

Or someone.

Mingyu turned and there he saw Wonwoo's face, a few inches away from his own, making his heart go wild inside his chest.

“Don't you think it's a little unprofessional for a nurse to sleep with his patient?” Mingyu somehow managed to let out those words despite feeling his throat a little sore.

“I am not a nurse today.” Wonwoo answered, eyes closed.

“Then what are you?”

“Wonwoo. Just Wonwoo.

Mingyu felt contented with that answer, so he let himself snuggle closer to Wonwoo, sharing his warmth amidst the cold weather.

. · •⚫❄⚫• · .