Chapter 60 - Christmas Part 4

Start from the beginning

Nick quickly went back into the fridge, and had me pour 4 more raspberry pies. While I did that, Nick grabbed pounds of green beans and started making them on his stove top. Christen left every so often to go check up on something, while Nick and I worked on now...various tasks.

By 8am, we had every set of cookies plated into groups of 20, a large amount of green beans, mashed potatoes, carrots, and mac and cheese. We had the four turkeys, and 12 pies.

Nick had set each of these items across his home, organized by type, before he sighed deeply. He high fived Christen and I before looking seriously.

"Now the hard part begins..." he sighed. Suddenly, we heard the soft footsteps of Margot and Fiona making their way down the stairs. "Fiona, can you pour eggnog?" Nick called.

"Oh my...not again!" She yelled.

"Nicky!" Margot shouted annoyed.

Nick couldn't help but smirk. He took out set of plates, and slowly started making plates. 2 slices of turkey, 1 scoop of mashed potatoes, a serving of  macaroni and cheese, green beans, and carrots. A slice of pie with each. Then, he would wrap it all, and set it down on the only free desk. Meanwhile Fiona and Margot started on filling the entire dining room table with cups of eggnog. Christen and I followed Nick's lead and started making plates. By 9am, things were for the most part organized, and Nick checked his watch.

"Any minute now," he said pacing. At exactly 9:02, the doorbell rang. Nick walked over to it and smiled.

"Hey there, Christian!" He said happily. "How's the family doing?"

They went into a conversation, before Nick finally asked "How many plates do you need? Any eggnog?"

Nick went off and grabbed 5 plates and 2 glasses of eggnog before returning and giving them to Christian. He closed the door waving goodbye. Nick sighed deeply as if relaxed, but his doorbell rang again.

"Hello, Lieutenant Wester!" He greeted. Oh my God. Don't tell me Nick makes dinner for the entire precinct and their families. Nick went off and grabbed 2 plates before returning to the door. The doorbell rang again.

"Heya, Deputy Quincy! How's Laura's soccer going?"

He totally does! He absolutely, unequivocally does!

By 10am, Nick wasn't shutting the door. A line had formed, and all those plates prepared at 9 were nearly gone so Christen and I started preparing more plates while Fiona and Margot continued the assembly line of eggnog. Around noon, we had to put more things on the stove, and in the oven. By 4, Nick had nearly sold out...although he's not selling them...so had volunteered out? No...I think sold is still right. Anyway, we were thankful that things had slowed down a lot. Nick sighed deeply when the clock had turned to 5.

"I told no one to come after 5, so that should be it," Nick said turning around smiling.

Christen chuckled. "That's it," She repeated. Nick looked at the remains of the chaos.

"See, Charlotte? Enough for 5," he said looking around. "And leftovers."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang again. Nick turned around. "Now...who is that?" He sighed. Nick walked over, and opened the door. "Oh. Hey, Gavin..." Nick said, tired.

"Hey, Nick," Gavin answered.

Wait. Gavin? The guy who tried to kill Connor and I?

"How is Tiffany?" Nick offered.

"Fine," Gavin responded harshly. "She's fine. Louis is fine. Everyone is just...fine."

"Are you okay, Gavin?" Nick asked confused.