Chapter 17: Replacable

Andrea note!

This chapter is really long. About double the length of a regular chapter. That is because I'm giving it a trigger warning (discussion about sexual assault).

I usually spread out one idea over two chapters, but since this particular section includes yknow...a lot, I decided to put it all in one section.

Anyhow, thank you for all of the positivity and activity on the story.

Thanks so much guys,

Andrea Elk

~

Nick fumbled as he pulled his gun out of it's holster. "I'll head in first. You cover me," He answered.

"No...let me take the lead," I responded.

"What? No."

"I'm a machine. I'm replaceable. You're not," I answered.

"Don't say that," Nick answered. "Christen would hate that."

"It's true."

"I take that back...kind of. Christen would hate that, but I do too. You don't say shit like that. We're in this together, not Charlotte Mark 23 or whatever."

I looked for a moment, and then nodded. "Fine...but I still go in first."

"Okay. So long as you have the right reasons, now," Nick responded. We left out of the room and turned to the room at the end of the hall. I stood on one side of the door, as Nick stood on the other.

"On three," I said. "One..."

Focus, Charlotte.

"Two..."

Don't fire blindly.

"Three!"

We bust open the door, and looked at the room. The room, which had 5 men in it. Each of them, patiently sitting down.

The one, sitting behind a desk, stood up, and pulled out his gun.

"Tell me, boys," The tall, brunette, white man said. "Who the fuck do these two think they are?"

"Detroit PD," I answered.

"And what evidence do you have on me?"

"Red Ice in one of your rooms," I answered.

"Okay," The man said giggling. "That's not exactly a smoking gun. Oh nooo...one of my patrons used Red Ice."

"He's right, Charlotte," Nick answered. "This douche is untouchable."

Nick...he's discouraged so quickly. I...I can't give up though.

"No. He thinks he's untouchable," I answered. "Do me a favor, sir. Don't make me get blood all over my nice, new suit."

I cocked my pistol.

"Won't that look good on the front of The Detroit News? I can see the headline now. Detroit Police Department slaughters innocent business owner."

"Not once I open your desk and find red ice in it," I answered.

"Oh, c'mon, Charlotte. We just need to go," Nick said nervously.

"No, Nick," I answered.

"Oh, Charlotte. You should really just leave," The man answered.

I need to upset him That's what I need to do. Just enough to trick him.