Prologue

This work has been stolen and placed on several mirror sites. The original is Wattpad. If you are reading this on any other website than Wattpad, please exit and read it in it's safe original form on Wattpad. There is a large chance your device is at risk of a malware attack reading it on any other site.

-Andrea

"CR300. Power on."

I'm on.

In front of me I saw a tall African American man, and a shorter young white man.

"CR300, register your name," The young white man said. He had the Cyberlife Approved CR300 Android Manual in his hands.

"Charlotte," The African American man said.

Registering...

"Hello. I am Charlotte. I am a CR300 android, designed to serve the Detroit Police Department. I am here to provide for services in the department of...Narcotics. How can I assist you?" I asked.

"Come with me," the white man said.

"Hello. What is your name?"

"None of your business," he responded hostile.

"I'm sorry to hear you're so upset at me. How can I repair our relationship?"

"Shut up."

I quieted myself. He led me to a desk. It was labeled with the name Deputy Lance.

"Deputy Lance, where would you like me to begin?" I asked.

"Just...sit over there," He said gesturing to the Android Parking.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm an advanced model. I do not have the 'Park' setting," I answered.

"Jesus Christ," Lance responded. "Just sit right there."

He gestured to an empty desk. I sat down, and rescanned my information. I decided to analyze the deputy's desk. First, on it is a small picture. Him and a child. Daughter, perhaps? Next, his pen. It has bite marks in it. Oral fixation. That is definite. Next, a small tugboat keychain. Tugboat. Does he like boating? Or has he been on a vacation? Finally, a cup of hot chocolate. No caffeine.

"Do you have any children, Deputy?" I asked.

"No."

"Any young family members?"

"A niece."

"That's nice." I responded.

"Sure."

A few minutes went by. I was designed to be impatient.

"What are we waiting for, Deputy?"

"A case."

"What do we do while we're waiting?"

"Wait," the deputy responded. I analyzed his features. He's in his twenties, with blonde hair curled on top of his head. He has a symmetrical face. It's been memorized, and recorded.

"Your response has been recorded. I will now wait," I responded.

"So let me get this straight. You are such an advanced model that you can't park, but you can wait?"

"I am a prototype. Any concerns about my programming can be taken up with Cyberlife. Would you like me to register a complaint?"

"Absolutely," He answered.

"What would you like it to say?" I asked.

"Fuck you. Stop bringing us your fucking androids. Sincerely, Nick 'Go fuck yourself' Lance."

"Response sent."

I waited patiently, for 8 hours, when I got a sudden headache.

"Deputy Lance. I am receiving a case. We are to report to the home of Carlos Ortiz," I answered.

"And why exactly am I taking you?"

"I have the entire Detroit PD server downloaded to my structure. I can identify the purity, type, origin, and even the dealer of red ice. According to Cyberlife, one of the androids has found red ice at this crime scene."

"Jesus Christ," Lance said, grabbing his coat. "Fine. C'mon Charlotte." I followed his pace as we walked to his squad car.

"What other android?" Lance asked.

"He is a RX800, or a Connor, if you will. By accessing his recent updates, I have determined that he belongs to Lieutenant Hank Anderson. Would you like to know more?"

"No. I mean, for God's sake shut up," Lance said pressing his hand to his head. "Fuck me. There's two of em."

Accessing priorities. My priority is to discover the black market Red Ice Network and dismantle it. Subpriorities include update Cyberlife. In order to assure a mission success, I need to make Deputy Lance like me. Otherwise, the mission may become difficult or even impossible.

"So...why did you choose the name Charlotte, Deputy Lance?"

"I didn't. Not even the Captain did."

Captain? Oh. The African American man. Registering as Captain.

"Then who did?"

"Cyberlife. They sent with your packaging a list of possible names and the last one I named 'asshole' became a deviant. You're not like this Connor guy who already has a name assigned to him?"

"No. While we share many interchangeable parts, and many of the same abilities, Connor is Mark 51 of his prototype. I am Mark 22. I am more recent, more updated, less susceptible to deviancy, and run in a different line than the Connors. If I can be mass produced, I will be much cheaper than a Connor."

"So...I got the bargain brand?" He asked.

Processing.

"No. Cheaper isn't always cheap."

Lance smirked. Mission progressing. As we arrived, I exited the vehicle with determination and spotted the other android.