Beleg- forest maiden

It was a quiet morning in the forest. A few birds were singing in the trees overhead, and the snapping of twigs on the ground filled the morning air. Beleg steered his horse towards a known watering hole for the deer.

He rode in silence, enjoying the quietness of the forest. As he turned around a large tree, his pointed ears detected a beautiful voice. If he was honest with himself, it was the most beautiful singing voice he had ever heard.

"Whoa, Calundol whoa," he whispered to his stallion.

Calundol halted in his tracks, his ears twitching this way and that. Beleg listened for a few moments, trying to hone in on the sound of the voice. Thankfully, he had years of practice honing in on a target. He turned his horse to the North, digging his boots into Calundol's sides.

The March Warden dismounted quietly, as he neared the beautiful voice. He approached cautiously, his arrow strung in his bow ready to fire. What the Elf was not expecting was to see a beautiful Elleth sitting absent mindedly by the river. Her h/c flowed to about halfway down her back, and her f/c dress was pulled up to her knees so she could dip her feet in the cool water.

Beleg's mouth was hanging open. He had never seen such a beautiful Elleth in all his life. As he crept closer, he noticed a small rabbit that was nestled in your lap. The animal seemed content with you petting it, since it had its eyes closed. You were humming quietly, and staring into the distance. When Beleg accidentally snapped a twig, your gaze fell to his direction.

The rabbit in your lap quickly scuttled off and fled to the safety of the bushes nearby. Beleg quickly lowered his bow to show you that he meant no harm.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you."

You gave the hunter a shy smile. "You didn't startle me. You startled the rabbit, but I heard you before the twig snapped."

Beleg raised an eyebrow. "And you didn't move to defend yourself?"

You shook your head. "No. If you were an Orc, I would be dead by now."

Beleg laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess you have me there. My Lady, what are you doing out here all by yourself? Surely there is someone who would worry over you."

You smiled and picked up a basket filled with raspberries. "I've been berry picking. I guess I wandered a little further than I usually go."

"I would be honoured to accompany you back to your home," Beleg offered, extending his hand.

You smile and take his hand in yours. As you walk through the forest, you talk about different things. Beleg was completely fascinated by you. Your name was Y/n, you were one of the Noldorians, and you had followed Finrod to Nargothrond. When you lived in Valinor, you had been best friends with his younger sister, Galadriel. Now, you were travelling and staying with some friends that were in Doriath. Beleg, you learned that was his name, was the Chief March Warden for Thingol. He was also an excellent hunter. At the moment, he was recalling to you one of his hunting tales.

"I don't think I've ever seen an Elf run as fast as Celegorm did that day," he chuckled speaking of the third son of Fëanor and one of their hunting trips.

Your melodious laughter filled the air as you threw your head back. Even though you had only met a few hours ago, it felt as though you had known each other for centuries. Beleg lead you to his horse and helped you mount. You take the basket back in your hand as he climbed up behind you. He dug his heels into Calundol's sides, and urged the stallion forward. Half an hour later, you arrived in the city of Doriath.

"My Lady," Beleg said gently and offered you his hand.

You smile and take the hand he had graciously extended before you. You descend from on top of the horse into Beleg's arms. You both stand there for a few minutes before he pulls away.

"I hope to see you again."

"I would like that. Perhaps we can go for a ride tomorrow," you suggested.

Beleg smiled. "I would like that. Until tomorrow, forest maiden."

A/n: if you haven't seen Mamma Mia: Here we go Again, highly recommend it!!