Glorfindel- Return.

A/n: requested by ShadowsingerCat, who made me really excited that someone requested my one of favourite elves 😂 hope you enjoy!!

You stood with the other elves in Valinor. Fëanor stood before all of you, professing how the Valar had lied to you. Manwë, the highest of all the Valar, then decided to exile Fëanor and any of his followers. You and Glorfindel were two of these elves. Your parents begged you not to go, but wherever Glorfindel went, you went too. You both made a secret pact as elflings, that you would always be there for each other.

You stood in front of your home, Glorfindel waiting nearby under a yellowing tree. Your mother stood just a few feet from where you were. "I'm going, Nana. I made a promise to Glorfindel, that I would always be there with him."

Your mother sighed and stepped closer. "I know, or at least I know that I can't stop you. You must make your own decisions now." At this point, your father had come to stand next to her. "You know that if you choose to leave, you may never return."

A tear slides down your face. "I will not blindly follow the instructions of the Valar. I have made my choice. Who will I be if I stay to do that?"

Your parents extend their hands from their hearts, and you do the same before finally turning to Glorfindel. He puts an arm around your shoulder, and you both walk off to join the other Noldor.

Once the Noldor reached the shores of Middle Earth, Turgon lead a group of the elves to the Encircling Mountains. There, they built the hidden elven city, Gondolin. Glorfindel had been appointed the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower, and he asked you to be in his house with him. For four hundred years, the city stood in peace and prosperity. The only problem was, that once you were there, you could never leave.

It was a week until the Gates of Summer Festival was to be held. Glorfindel had asked you to accompany him to the festival, which you gladly accepted. When the day finally arrived, you were beyond excited. Glorfindel was dressed in his captain's uniform, much made him look very handsome. You were dressed in a green dress with gold trimming to match his uniform.

Glorfindel escorted you to the festivities that were being held in the courtyard

Glorfindel escorted you to the festivities that were being held in the courtyard. Elves were chatting with each other, and laughing at the elflings running around chasing each other. You laughed as a young Elleth jumped out from under a table, scaring her friends. Glorfindel returned with some wine for both of you.

You smile. "Thank you."

The Ellon smiled in return. "You're very welcome."

Ugh that smile. It always made butterflies in your stomach. His golden hair blew in the gentle night breeze as you two continued to talk.

"I hear that you are going to be training some new recruits this week."

Glorfindel nodded. "I am. Some of the older elflings are of age to begin their training. King Turgon thought I would be an excellent choice for a trainer."

You nod, swirling the red wine in the goblet. "Mellon nin, you are the best captain that the king has. It's no wonder he made you the Lord of our house."

"You brag, Mellon nin. I'm just happy you're here with me," the elven lord said as he kissed the top of your hand. You blush and look anywhere but your best friend. Before you could reply, the sounds of Orcs and goblins filled your ears.

Glorfindel unsheathed his sword, and pulled you to safety. Other Elleths ran to safety, and the elflings ran to find their mothers. You clung to Glorfindel as he looked back at the coming of the orcs. He pressed a quick kiss to your forehead, and begged you to be safe. When he glanced back at you one last time, you had no idea it would be the last time you ever saw your best friend.

Thousands of years had passed. You now lived in Rivendell, as it was called in the tongue of Men, but the elves called it Imladris. You were the oldest elf there, and the elflings loved to hear your stories of Valinor, the First Age, and of course Glorfindel.

Every time you spoke of his brave deeds, you were always sad. When you were finally safe far from Gondolin, you learned the terrible fate of your friend. He had fallen into the abyss, pulled in by his lovely golden locks. Everyday you wished to see him. It pained your heart so much to have been separated from him. The two of you grew up together, got into trouble together, and came to Middle Earth with the rest of the Noldor.

Now, you sat in your room. The door was open and the breeze was blowing softly through. The sound of soft soled shoes filled your ears, causing you to look up from writing. Lord Elrond stood in your doorway. "Lady Y/n, there is someone who has requested your presence."

You look to the younger elf, and sigh. "Lord Elrond, you know I don't take visitors anymore. There is no one left in Middle Earth who would want to see me."

"You may want to think twice about that. The Ellon told me to tell you, 'Aier'."

Your e/c eyes went wide as you turned your head back to the Lord of Imladris. Only one person would ever call you short one. "Where is he? Bring me to this Ellon."

Lord Elrond escorted you to the entryway of Rivendell. A tall hooded figure was seen talking with Erestor. You could feel your heart pounding amazing your chest as you got closer. Hesitantly you called out to him.

The figure turned around. You couldn't see his face, but he had long golden hair. Like him. "Hallaer," you said again to the figure. The hood fell back, revealing a face you had not seen since the First Age. Glorfindel.

You cover your mouth as he steps closer to you. Forgetting all about the others around you, you run into his arms. Glorfindel smiled and spun you around. Both of you stood there crying, not caring if anyone saw you.

"I thought of you everyday. I missed you so much," Glorfindel whispered putting his forehead against yours.

"I missed you too. I would've sailed back home, but I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"Y/n, I realise that now may not be an appropriate time, but I never want to leave you again. You've stayed by my side for my entire life, and I don't see my future without you in it. Please, say you'll have me?"

You smile and kiss him passionately. "Of course I would! Now, I'm no longer the oldest elf here!"

Glorfindel laughed and kissed your forehead. The two of you would never separate ever again.