E I G H T

I just got the biggest plot-twist idea for this book... y'all ain't gonna like it either... 😏

Idk, I might go with it, I might not. We'll see. 😉

Enjoy! :)

Still shaken up about the incident in the previous patient, Min Yoongi's, room, (Y/n) placed a shaky (s/c) palm on her chest, reminding herself to 'breathe, just breathe' as the female leaned against the wooden door behind her

Why must everything be so damn hard here? Why couldn't she just have one patient that she got along with?

(Y/n) frowned at her own thoughts, disappointed in herself. That was not being fair. These patients were people too, just less-fortunate people. She knew exactly what she was getting into when she signed up for this volunteer program.

Ha, no she did not. The girl would be in for a ride when she truly learned her future at the hospital.

The only one who had not scared her or made her uncomfortable, at least in a major way, was Namjoon. He was very considerate and (Y/n) could tell immediately, just from the way the male conducted himself, that he was naturally a very intelligent person. It was sad to see someone like Namjoon stuck in this place, the (h/c)-haired volunteer decided. This was not a fate she wished for anyone. Trapped, strangers telling you what was "wrong with you" and shoving pills down your throat so much that it resembled an inescapable ocean, one where every swimmer drowned- that was to be their fate, no matter what.

Shaking such unkind thoughts from her head, (Y/n) once again took a deep breath in and looked down at her paper.

Her medicine tray was almost empty now, with only one water and medicine cup residing upon it currently. This meant she only had one more patient to transport medication to, before it was lunch.

Ah, lunch. How much (Y/n) craved to forget her troubles in food like she usually did whenever she was stressed or upset.

Looking up, her (e/c) eyes scanned over the plaque on the wall next to the last room of the day.

Patient 00355
Park Jimin
Suffers from: Social Anxiety

Again, the female found herself in a moment of confusion. This was the another patient that (Y/n) had come across that she, formed by an unprofessional at that, did not see why someone with something like social anxiety would have a need to be hospitalized. Unless, perhaps it was a very extreme case...

Thankfully, the girl had enough sense not to question it too long. She reminded herself that she was simply a volunteer here, asking for hours to help her resumes, not to criticize everything little thing she did not understand or agree with.

Stupid girl.

(Y/n) tapped upon the wooden entrance into her last room of the day, hoping for once she would get a verbal response of consent, fully allowing her to believe she was wanted within what were essentially hospital dorms, of sorts.