O N E

Blake Lively as Bridget the Receptionist.

Enjoy! :)

"No, no, no, no! Oh, my gosh! I'm so late; they're going to kill me!" (Y/n) muttered to herself as she parked her car and quickly speed-walked towards the front of the hospital. She had actually been on time this morning, until some idiot decided to t-bone another car, causing another forty minutes to be added to her schedule.

I hate traffic, she thought to herself. At least everyone was okay and no one got hurt.

Quickly approaching the front doors of the hospital, she stared for a bit in awe. The building was huge, and seemed to be endless as she stared to the left of the doors, unable to see the end of the large building.

Shaking her head, and reminding herself of how late she had become due to the accident, (Y/n) quickly grabbed the hospital door and swung it open. This revealed a quaint-looking waiting room, with two couches and a glass table with magazines and books for those waiting to read. To the left of all this was a tall desk with a receptionist behind it.

Sighing in relief, the (h/c)ed girl walked to it, and soon came face-to-face with the blond receptionist.

"Hello, Miss. My name is (Y/n) (L/n) and I'm supposed to start volunteering today!" The sweet girl smiled warmly, but that smile dropped when she realized the woman behind the desk was not returning it.

"You were supposed to be here twenty minutes ago." The receptionist, whose name tag read "Bridget" stated, unamused.

"I do apologize for my tardiness, there was an accident on the freeway and I couldn't seem to avoid the traffic that came along with it." (Y/n) said, sadly. "Please know I would never be intentionally late."

"Hmm." The receptionist looked (Y/n) up and down, frowning again. "I suppose you seem sincere enough. Do you know where to go? And who you will be helping?"

(Y/n)'s ever-present smile dropped, once again. "I-I'm sorry, I was told over the phone that I'd be briefed when I got here."

The receptionist, who (Y/n) had decided she disliked immensely already, sighed. "Well, because you're late, I'll give you your patients case files, but you have to look over them yourself." At this, (Y/n) began to interrupt, but Bridget simply countered with, "I don't care that it 'wasn't your fault', you were supposed to be here earlier and you weren't. That is not my fault, it is yours. To get to their hallway, you go straight, and take a right. You are to clean their rooms, feed them, and assist them in anyway they require. Should that be medical assistance, please don't attempt to do anything yourself, call a nurse or doctor. The cleaning supplies are located in the closet right there. You are to also get them their daily medications, and make sure they are in good health." She then pointed her index finger down the hallway, and (Y/n) nodded her understanding. "Alright, you can begin now. You end at six o'clock."

(Y/n) smiled, then thanked her.

So she's a little rude. I did arrive late, which was my fault. I'm sure she's a great person.

"Sorry to bother you again," said (Y/n) as she turned back towards Bridget, "But where will their medications be located?"

"Down the hall, on the left, behind the prescription counter. There should be a pharmacist to assist you, should you be unable to find anything." The blonde woman said this like she already knew (Y/n) would need help finding the drugs.

"Alrighty, perfect. Thanks!"

(Y/n) walked to the left of the receptionist's desk to get to her employee locker. She put in the combination she had been emailed online, and opened it, setting in her purse. The girl grabbed the file folder she had been given by the receptionist that had information containing details about the patients she would be serving. She also took the paper that labeled the prescriptions, room numbers, and additional hospital emergency information she would need to help the patients (Y/n) had also been emailed online.

Closing and locking her locker, (Y/n) went over to the closet the receptionist had pointed to and grabbed the necessary supplies she though she would need to clean up the rooms.

If there's anything else I need, she though to herself, I can always come back. Not sure if Miss Bridget would be so welcoming though...

(Y/n) laughed under her breath and began walking down the hall to grab her patients' prescriptions.
~^~

Hello friends! How are you all doing?

I'm super tired and have Algebra homework that I'm putting off, but psssshhhh who even needs Math? 😂

Question: What phobias do you possess (What are you afraid of) ?

Answer: Galeophobia. (I friggin HATE sharks!!!!)

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter; I've gotten so many requests to update this- that makes me so happy guys, so please keep doing it! :)

How was this chapter?
What was good?
What can I improve on?

*sorry if it was a little boring lol, I'm just trying to introduce the setting. in the next chappy, we'll meet the boys*

Goal for this chapter: 5 votes. :)

vote | comment | share
~Laura 🌸

vote | comment | share ~Laura 🌸

*887 words*