BIG GIRL

"Did we really have to eat here?" Touka groaned.

~"I'll have you know that Big Girl is one of the finest American restaurants in Tokyo. And if it wasn't for this stupid mask we'd be experiencing the American Aura of Big Girl and not sitting on the floor of your living room." Hide, Yoriko, Kaneki, and Touka were all sitting cross legged in front of the television that was providing more light then entertainment.

"Sorry, Hide." Kaneki said sipping coffee out of a styrofoam cup with Big Girl's Logo on it.

~"Will you stop apologizing for two seconds?"

He coughed. "Oh my god. Is all American coffee this bad? It taste like water with three coffee grounds in it." Yoriko nibbled her first bite of the hamburger steak.

*"Wow this is really good."

~"Don't act so surprised." Hide had already devoured half of his own hamburger steak.

Touka took her first cut into the steak, barely big enough to cover two prongs of the fork. Her hand shook as she raised it into her mouth.

"Holy crap." She covered her mouth. "That doesn't suck."

"So those pills are working?" Ken asked.

*"what pills?" Yorkio asked.

"Kamii gave Touka these pills that are supposed to make her less nauseous so she can eat food easier."

*"And it's actually working? Does it taste the same for you as it does for humans?"

"Not unless it taste like Kaneki's coffee."

Ken raised his cup "Just barley bearable to consume." He took another swig-- grimacing at the liquid. 

~ "So Touka how's pregnent life treating you?"

"I'm tired all the time, and everything hurts, but at least I haven't had any mood swings."

Kaneki laughed.

"And what's so funny?"

"Just yesterday we were watching Ponyo and you started crying because the fishes was 'just so cute'."

Touka looked down, her face red. Hide laughed.

~ "I never thought I'd see the day Touka goes soft."

"Don't get used to it wise ass."

* "I don't think all four of us have ever gotten together like this." said Yoriko. "I don't even think Touka and I hung out like this in high school. You used to be so closed off about everything, even though I could always tell when something was tearing you apart. Of course now I know why, but I'm glad we can finally be closer." Yoriko lifted her cup. "To a new beginning." Everyone else's raised their cups "cheers."

~"Touka are you crying?"

"No I have something in my eyes."

~"Yeah, sadness." Touka punched Hide in his stomach-- making him cough up the food in his mouth.

"You deserved that." Kaneki laughed.

~ "I've been your best friend for decades! You should take my side." All three of them laughed. When the laughter died Kaneki said,

"Do you remember the first time we went to Big Girl? It was the day we got accepted to Kamii."

~"Oh yeah! I couldn't find my name at first. I was horrified I'd have to go to college all alone."

"We ordered the biggest basket of fries they had and ate it at the park until the sun rose." Kaneki reached for the fries on Hide's plate. He took one bite and chewed once. His entire face contorted as the color drained from he face. The others laughed. He swallowed hard.

"Come on guys, with all you eating I feel left out." But nothing could stop their laughter.