EGG

*"What movie should we start with?" Yorkio asked.

~"I know the perfect movie!" Hide dug in his backpack and pulled out MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO.

"Isn't that movie for kids?" Touka asked.

~ "That is exactly why I picked it out!"

"Can't we watch something else?" She urged.

"No I like this movie." said Ken. "It has sentimental value."

"Why?"

"It was the first movie Hide watched with his Dad's. He was so obsessed with it that he made me come over to his house to watch it. We ended up watching it six times that weekend."

~ "It's a good movie!"

*" He's not wrong."

"Ugh Fine." Touka leaned over to Kaneki. "Should I tell him I haven't seen seen it?"

"No, you'll never hear the end of it."

Touka used Kaneki's head as a pillow and let his arms cradle her closer. The movie rolled the opening credits, filling the entirely dark room with an almost blinding light.

~ "Doesn't it just make you nostalgic Kaneki?" No answer. "Kaneki?"

Ken's eyes were closed, breathing slowed, and his cheek rested on Touka's hair for support.

*"How does he fall asleep so fast?"

Touka laughed. "Thank you guys for coming."

~"Anytime."

*"Whenever you need us."

Touka slowly shut her eyes-- feeling safe for the first time in years.