OLD TIMES

~"Kaneki!" Hide shouted. Kaneki sprung to his feet ready to fight. His left eye glowed a mixture of red and black.

"Whoa, I know I haven't seen you in a while but you can't hate me already." Hide and Touka stood on near the opposing side of the couch he just flew off of.

Kaneki relaxed. "Sorry." He scratched the back of his head. "You just..."

"Um Kaneki... you can put you Kagune away." He looked behind him and found his kagune extending from the base of his back.

"Oh... I-" he groaned as it receded. "I'm sorry."

silence.

"Aww I liked that shirt." Touka smoothed out the fabric on his shoulders, then gave a kiss on his cheek.

"What are you doing here so early?" Kaneki asked.

~"It's three in the afternoon."

He tried to wipe the tiredness out of his eyes. "Shit, really?"

"Why were you sleeping on the couch anyway?" Touka asked.

"Couldn't sleep."

Silence.

~"Dude when was the last time you cut your hair? It's past your shoulders now."

"What you don't think I can pull of long hair?"

"You look like an old lady." Touka retorted.

Hide put his hands up "She said it not me. And you gotta listen to your wife." Hide folded his hands behind his head. "That sounds so weird to say. I don't think you were even capable of talking to girls in college."

Touka turned towards Hide. "Cut his hair before I strangle him with it." she faced Kaneki. "I'm going to Yoriko's. We'll be back in two hours."

And with that-- she left.