Next

~ "Thanks for having us guys."

*"Bye."

The door closed behind them, leaving Kaneki and Touka alone in their home. The silence was abrupt after the hours of eight people speaking over each other. Ken relaxed the tension in his shoulders he didn't know he was holding.

"That went really well." Touka said, bringing the dishes to the sink.

"I think so too." He turned on the sink and began scrubbing a plate. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I didn't eat that much." She dried the plate and put it back in it's resting place. "But the baby keeps kicking and that makes me a little nauseous. I mean it's wonderful and everything, but it gets annoying after a while." She laughed putting another dish away.

"Touka?"

Her smile faded "What is it?"

"Do you still want to be a teacher?" She paused.

"I don't know-- the baby has taken over my thoughts." She put another pot away. "I don't know, I haven't thought about it in so long... what do u want to do?"

"I got offered a job as a part time TSC investigator."

"Do you think You're going to take it?"

"Yes, but I told them I would take a year off for family leave. So I'll still get a pay check even when I'm here."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Not nearly as dangerous as anything else I've been doing the past 5 years."

She laughed. "Doesn't that mean I'm stuck here taking care of our child?" Her lips curled up "That definitely wouldn't be a bad thing."

Ken turned off the sink and dried his hands on a towel. "If you could do anything -- what would you do?"

"I guess... I'd want to work at a cafe or bakery with Yoriko... It's dumb."

"Its funny."

"Why?"

He wrapped his hands around her waist. "Because Yoriko said she wanted the same thing."

"Oh my god," she wrapped her arms around his neck. "We've become so domestic."

Ken pulled her closer. "Unfortunately."

Their lips met, burning their chests. Ken leaned in further, sneaking his lips down to her neck. She moaned softly enough to heat more then just his chest. She pushed him away lightly.

"Let's take this to the bedroom."