26. Everything's going to be alright.

One year later

ALISON'S POV

What did you just say?"- I couldn't believe what I heard through the phone a second earlier.

Ali, he's not in a good condition right now but I'm sure he will be alright.. I'm sorry."- Marcelo repeated it. So, that's it, I've heard it correctly. Cristiano had a terrible car accident, now he's in the hospital, and his life is on a risk.

I haven't seen him for a month.. I moved from our house seven months ago and now I'm living in a smaller house 50 kilometres away. Philip is with me, even thought it was hard to get him apart from Junior. And also, the twins are staying with me but we made a deal for him to be able to come over and get them with him for a week once every month.

No, we are not together anymore, but also we're not divorced.. Yet.

Philip and Junior are seeing each other on practice every day so that's the only thing that is making me happy. If the football practice wasn't in the picture, and I trying to see Cristiano as less as possible, they would have probably seen each other twice. Shit. I just realized how selfish I am.

Cristiano kept on saying that he loved me. Even thought I cheated on him, even thought I told him that I knew about his affairs too, even thought that I was acting like a piece of shit every day straight for the next four months, he kept on apologizing, he kept on trying to prove me that we were meant to be together. And what did I do? I left. I left him and I gave up, that's how I'm doing things, I'm always choosing the easiest way.

Even Marcelo offered to tell him that I've done it with him so we could live in the truth and lies won't be there anymore, but I was scared, and I still am.

But I've never been this scared. I've never been this miserable. I've never been so afraid that I'll lose someone so important in my life. I could lose the only man I ever loved in any second, the father of my kids could be gone forever.

Ali, are you here? Ali?! Is everything alright?!"- Marcelo was yelling throught the phone but I seemed like I lost all of the words, I couldn't say anything, I was just standing in one place, frozen and broken. Lost.

That was when the phone fell down from my hand, smashed loudly on the floor. I heard Luca crying and that was all. I lost consciousness.

MARCELO'S POV

I drove all the way from the hospital to Alison's house in like 20 minutes and I started knocking on the door. Nothing. I rang on the doorbell. Nothing. Shit, what have I done?

How could've I told her something like that through the phone?

I went to the side where the bedroom window was and I heard crying. I came closer and the crying got louder. Oh, I saw them, Emma and Lucas were laying on the bed screaming and crying, alone.

Where the hell is Alison? Okay, I had to do something. Without thinking I smashed the window with a chair nearby and glass shattered everywhere. I got in and made my way to the kids. I picked them both up.

Lucas, Emma.. Are you okay buddies?"- I asked them even thought I knew that they just started talking like some months ago and they are too scared to say anything right now.

Mama"- Was all that Lucas said.

Please."- Emma muttered.

Oh god. Why is this happening? I hugged them both tightly and put them in my car in their baby seats. I've been bringing them to Cristiano the last 2 months so that's why I had their baby seats always ready.

I'll be back in a minute kiddos, I'll just bring your mum."- I said and ran back in the house searching for Ali.

Alison! Where are you?"- I yelled while running in all the rooms.

Ali!"- I saw her through the half opened door from the kitchen. Shit. There was blood. Her head was bleeding, she had hit it from the sharp corner of the table when she fainted. Fuck.

I got her in my hands and sprinted to the car. I put her in the front seat next to me and started the car. The kids had stopped crying but I still could see the tears on their little cheeks reflecting on the mirror.

Everything's going to be alright sweethearts."- I told them and I called Gareth. Luckily he picked up like a second later.

Where are you man? I just came back to the hospital and they told me you've left. What the.."- He started talking but I cut him off.

I'm on my way to there. Emma and Lucas are with me. Alison is too but she's unconsious. I'll stay at the hospital, you should get ready to get the kids with you, also to get Philip and Junior from practice and watch after them in your house tonight. Please man"- I said in one breath.

Of course, see you there."- He said. That's why he's my second favourite person after Cris.

Hello guys, I know that I haven't updated in so long, but here I am, back to you. Thank you for reading this book.

Love ya xx