Chapter 9

I notice light suprise in his shiny green eyes and seconds later a wide grin on his face. "You know what we had last year." "All I remember is pain Harry." I say calmly and look at the menu again. He can't be serious. He wants to start it all over. We both know how it ended and he wants that all over. The waiter is about to approach us and I calmly order, my eyes only on waiter who seems slightly intimidated by my strong glance at him. I hear Harry order as well but his eyes are basically burning me. What does he want with me again? He can't be missing me. He isn't made for emotions like that. As the waiter leaves I feel even more tensed up. "What do you want then Jenny? I can give you whatever you want." He says and I almost feel disgusted by his arrogant behaviour. "That is too easy Harry, it's simply boring. I don't crave any materialistic shit or meaningless sex. I'm not interested." "It wasn't meaningless Jenny." I ignore that sentence and concentrate on the water I ordered. "You know Johnson doesn't like you much, maybe you should work on that first." I say calmly, again avoiding his eyes. "Can I count on you to help me there?" "What is it that you want me to do?" "Tell him great things about me, I don't know it's up to you." I roll my eyes. "Would be a little obvious. He knows I don't like you." "That's new to me." I swallow and let my eyes wander around in the room. "Look at me for god's sake" I hear him whisper. I do, with all honesty I have I show him the pain, the heartbreak and also the love he caused. His strong eyes soften and he reaches for my hand. Just a pattern I recognise, that is what he always does when someone is on the edge. "Don't make me break down in public" I whisper and watch our hands. "I don't mean to" He replies softly and squeezes my hand. My heart cries for him, longs for him but I can't let that happen. Gently I pull my hand away and feel glad that the food arrives that very moment. I completly concentrate on it and just dig in. "Do you have time tonight? Can we talk in private?" He asks, trying to reach me again. "I'm not sure Harry." I mumble softly, not wanting to make him mad. "Maybe Johnson needs my assistence." I lie fastly. "Do you like him?" He suddenly asks and I look up. "He is my boss Harry." "I was your boss too Jenny." He replies calmly. "I try to take my job a little more serious this time." I say with some sharpness in my voice. I regret it a second later. I feel so weak in his presence, I don't want to make him mad. I recognise how I'm still the old Jenny around him from time to time. "Do you like him?" "Not like you" I whisper really quietly, more to myself. I'm not sure if he heard it but I assume he noticed me speaking as he doesn't say another word.

"I will bring you back." He speaks as we walk out of the restaurant after a long time of silence. "Do you want to risk to be seen with me?" I ask and look at him carefully, almost in a protective manner. I feel the fun of secrets rushing through my veins again. The fun of affairs. The fun of sneaking away. His hand touches mine gently again. "I will be careful Ms Harker" He smirks softly and next thing I know he presses me against the wall in an alley close by. "Harry" I gasp as his body keeps mine against the cold wall. He leans his forehead to mine and closing my eyes I sigh. Gently I feel his lips tracing over mine. I miss their feeling and their taste. But I can't deny the feeling of my chest tightening and I turn my head away. "Jenny" He sighs softly and my sad eyes meet his. "I don't want to hurt you again." "I have a hard time trusting you Harry." I mumble softly and watch his face and all it's details. He is so handsome, my god. "Let me..." I mumble and carefully stroke over the skin on his face, over his lips and through his hair. Oh how I loved this man. I find his eyes warmly on me and soon his hands around my waist to hold me close. "Why did you hurt me like that?" I whisper and kiss his cheek gently. "I really don't know. I guess it was all going very fast and I couldn't quite handle that. I'm only good at handling people one way, this one I'm still learning I assume." He says mumbling and I admire the honesty in it. Nodding I stare at his lips, distracted already. Seconds later they lay on mine and I forgot everything that is around us, what was between us and what is now. I am simply present in this kiss. "I hate that you don't work for me anymore" He mumbles in between suddenly. "Because you don't have sex anymore in the lunch break?" I reply and feel his grin against my lips. "No, but you just fitted so well in it all." "Stop your sweet talk Harry" I mumble and keep kissing him. "I mean it Jenny" He whispers and pushes me tighter against the wall. I feel his hand on my butt and how they move up my skirt. "Harry not that fast" I mumble with my remaining strength. "Damnit back then it was easier" He mumbles with half grin. "Asshole" I mumble and bite his lip gently as I feel more light. "Was that what you wanted to talk to me in private about?" "Also" He mumbles and strokes my legs. I sigh and gently push him off. That was all he ever was about. "I have to go back" I say with a soft smile. "I'm sure your assistent is waiting on you" I say kissing his cheek and walk away. "Jenny" I hear him sigh under his breath, in a way that tells me that I am able to drive him crazy this time.