Chapter 7

It's so warm and cosy in his arms. I almost want to stay here forever. Viktor never held me like this before but I like it. It is just what does me well right now, feeling very safe and loved. Don't get me wrong-he is my best friend. I wouldn't want anything more than that, after all he is gay.
After ages of laying like that I open my eyes slowly and look around in the room. I know this place. Of course I do, I mean I'm at Viktor's or am I not? Wait no-he doesn't own a guitar. He hates playing instruments. This mum forced him to learn three when he was a kid. I turn to the warm chest that functioned as my pillow just seconds ago. I gasp in shock and move away from the cosy body. "Jenny come back" Harry mumbles sleepy. "How dare you?!" I yell and beat him with the pillow from my side of the bed. "For fucks sake" He growls and covers his face in protection with his strong arms. "How dare you to take advantage of me like that! Where is Viktor? Where is Angie?" I yell and beat him once more. "How the hell am I supposed to know? They are your friends!" He says frustrated. Stealing sleep from him was never a good idea. "And for the record: I didn't sleep with you. You puked on your fucking dress that's why you are in your underwear." He speaks once more in frustration. "I found you alone" He adds and sighs. "Oh and you ran against the door, that's why your forehead is swollen. But good morning to you too." He grumbles and gets out of the bed. I feel utterly bad and guilty. "Harry I'm sorry. Viktor said he would take care of me." Wait, why am I apologising? "Whatever" He grumbles and walks into the kitchen. I look around and sigh. I always liked the open space design of his place. You can look from every room into the other. It's been ages since I was here last time. I look to the front door and remember that I destroyed the frame of the photograph he has there. He renewed it. Of course he did. For him it was always easy to replace things. Harry comes back with ice for my forehead. Guilty I watch him and how he calmly sits in front of me and presses it to my forehead. "How is your head?" He asks pretending the thing before didn't happen. "Could be worse" I mumble and study the details of his tattoos. I used to draw the lines with my fingers back then. He has a new one on his right arm. Without really noticing I trace it's lines just like when we were-well what were we actually. He was never willing to tell. Only by him stopping in his tracks I notice what I just did. "I'm sorry" I mumble ashamed and blush. He doesn't say anything and just holds the ice to my head. I don't look at his eyes, I don't know if he looks at me or not. "You tried to kiss me last night you know" He finally says. I blush even more. "Liar" I mumble and play with my fingers. I know he isn't lying. After what I felt yesterday it seems possible that my drunk self would act it out. Also his voice sound different when he lies, it's a little higher not as raspy. "I thought you were Viktor when I woke up." "Do you and Viktor usually hold each other like that?" he asks suspiciously. "No" I shake my head. I wonder how I am so calm around him right now. I feel neither mad or incredibly hurt. "What time is it?" I ask carefully. "Two in the afternoon" I sigh by that. "What else happend?" I ask after some moments of silence. I don't remember a thing. Fuck, that wasn't the plan. That never happened before. He is watching me, now I clearly feel his intense glance. "You were probably drinking more Jack Daniels than Lemmy Kilmister ever did" He starts and I can't help but smile a little. "Your female friend was talking to me the whole time so I don't know what you were talking with Viktor or some blonde guy that came talking to you but you were dancing a lot. A bit too frisky if you ask me but I stepped in before anything bad could happen." I nod and look thankfully at him. I have the urge to hug him but I stop myself. "Did Angie ask how you know me?" I ask and watch him softly. "You didn't tell her?" "No, no one. You never wanted anyone to know and I kept it that way." I say softly and look down. His fingers slide under my chin and he gently brings my head up. "What?" I ask softly and watch his perfect features. "I just like looking at you." I blush and look shy. He looks amused by that, in a good and almost loving way. He still has that effect on me. I wonder if that will ever change. "The others miss you, you know." He says. I know immediately who he means. When I used to work for him my colleagues liked me very much. I smile to myself as I remember one of my day dreams. I loved it so much there that I always imagined being Harry's wife and being able to hold a position even more important to him. "I thought you replaced me." I say carefully, bringing both of us back to reality in a way. "I did yeah." I feel my chest tightening. There it is, the pain. "In every way I guess" I whisper. He places his finger gently on my lips to silence me. He is right, I don't want this calm atmosphere around us to be destroyed either. "Do you want to have lunch with me tomorrow?" He asks softly and nod carefully. Then I just hug his warm body. I miss him, I admit to myself. I feel how he wraps his arms around me tightly as well. "Thank you for last night" I mumble and nuzzle my face in his neck. "Anytime Jenny."