Josh's family

Josh and I play a lot of board games. Labyrinth is one of my favorites. I usually win. Josh isn't always the one with the smartest moves. We got out labyrinth from his cupboard under the stairs.

"Harry Potter lives under their." Josh teased.

"Yeah right," I said sarcastically "when can I meet him?" 

"When hagrid comes." Josh said.

"Doesn't Dobby come first?" I ask, "Or owls with the letters?"

"I don't know. You tell me, you little nerd." Josh replied unpacking the game.

"You calling me a nerd?" I punch him gently on the arm.

"You're basically are one, Ty"

"You're basically a terrible labyrinth player, Jish" I mocked.

I placed my move first. I find my first symbol in the maze. Josh took his move. He got no where near- well judging by his facial expression.

An hour after we had gotten back, Josh's siblings arrived home. I call Josh's home my home a lot. I had won labyrinth by no surprise. All siblings bombarded their way through the front door.

"Did Tyler win again?" Abigail asked.

"As if that's even a question; they played labyrinth." Ashley replied.

"Josh did win once before!" Jordan said.

They all crowded us round the table as Josh and I started to pack the game away.

"Josh, you need some practice!" Abigail said punching his arm lightly.

"I'll take that in mind." Josh rolled his eyes. He placed the board game away and started walking upstairs.

"Come on Ty." he called. 

I got up and ran up the stairs after him. We went into his bedroom. It was a very plain bedroom. It was painted blue a bit darker than his hair. There was a double bed with grey sheets on top. His bed wasn't made. He had an oak wardrobe and drawers. He had loads of random crap left on the floor but other than that, his room was fairly clean. It had a very Josh like smell. It is hard to explain. It was a mixture of the scent of his hair and his body spray.

Josh sat on his bed. I sat beside him. He looked slightly stressed.

"Jish?" I worried. I couldn't deal with him being upset.

Suddenly, he grabbed hold of my shoulders and started to abruptly shaking me. It was like he just had an outburst of emotions.

"Teach me how to play labyrinth Ty!" He said.

"Alright. If you stop shaking me." I replied.

He stopped shaking me and stared at me directly in my eyes. He has this loving type of eyes. It seems to relax me.

"Let me get the game." Josh ran out of the room to grab the game. I heard him talk to one of his sister's. I couldn't tell which one as the sound was so muffled.

I sit in silence a lot. I sat on Josh's bed in silence waiting for him to come up. I like the silence. The sound of nothingness. It's great until someone comes and distracts it. I don't mind Josh distracting me though, he distracts me all the time.

"I'm back." Josh says with the board game in hand. He places it on the floor like it is some special orb.

"Where do I begin?" I asked. There are so many differnet tactics and skills within each game, it is so hard to know where to begin.

"Well it doesn't begin with the bottom." Josh said.

"What on earth do you mean?"

Josh winked.

"Oh is that how you gonna play?" I slapped his ass gentle.

"Hey. Begin." Josh said.

"Alright ma'am. The exits are here, here and here."

Josh and I were rolling around on the floor. I managed to teach him something's with many added jokes and giggles. We had been laughing so much we didn't notice the time. 17:57.

"This has been sick man but my parents are going to be back any moment and we haven't prepared the table." Josh said with a tone of panic.

"Yeah really sick." I replied. I helped him pack away the game which had been thrown all over the floor. "When isn't it sick?"

"I don't know man. You're just a sick guy!" Josh exclaimed. He placed the lid on the box and hurried down stairs. I followed behind him.

"You're a sick guy too you know!" I replied. We hurried into the kitchen to see the table already made.

"We see you only just noticed the time." Abigail said as the panicked Josh ran into the kitchen. He sighed in relief. I don't think I had ever seen him so nervous before.

"Lucky save man." Jordan said. He patted Josh on the back. I stood there awkwardly. I have known this family for years and they feel like family to me but I currently wasn't in the mood to laugh with them. I have mood swings a lot. Some of them are raging and cause cutting and some are just "leave me alone." I seem to be getting suicidal ones more recently.

"You alright Ty?" Josh asked.

We were all day up the table. His parents had arrived in time and food was served not long after that. In the mean time, we just watched the television in Josh's room. There wasn't anything interesting on. Josh seemed really keen though.

"I'm alright man." I answered.

We were eating bangers and mash for tea and I didn't have much of an appetite. I swirled my fork in the mash. Josh gave me the glance of suspicion. He knows me too well to know what emotion I feel.

It wasn't too long until it was 8pm. I didn't have a choice but to go home. Some days I would sneak back to Josh's when everyone is asleep.

I walked myself to my so called home. It was pretty dark outside. I stepped up the steps leading to my house. I sighed sadly and walked into the house.