And two, I'm stuck with looking at venues all day with our damn parents. I couldn't care less about the damn venue hunt because at the end of the day, there cannot be a wedding. For fuck's sake I was impregnated by my mom's fiancé's son!

     That looks and sounds more complicated than it actually is. I'll make it simpler. Liam is my baby's daddy. Point. Blank. Motherfucking period. Wedding plans are void at this point.

     "I don't see how that's any of your business," I force a smile, watching hers go from enthusiastic, to inexpressive. It wasn't forced, but it was as if the warmth had dissipated.

     "Well aren't you just a big ol' ball of sunshine," she giggles unhumorously.

     "Nah, I'm more of a big ass storm cloud ready to piss on your chirpy parade if you don't do your job properly. Have you forgotten you are a wedding planner for Rosalita and Michael?" I narrow my eyes at her, becoming agitated with her presence.

She's too damn optimistic.

     Her smile turning into a frown, she blinks a few times before glancing up at Liam.

He gives a dashing smile. The phony whore had the audacity to smile at her. "So, the venue, ma'am?" He points to the huge, off white doors and she jumps in place, snapping from her fantasies. I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Right! Right this way." She grabs the door handle, but Liam beats her to it, opening the door for her. We walk past the Generations Hall sign in front of us, only to see a huge layout of tables and a ginormous bar along the walls in the back.

Now this, is my kind of venue.

     "Fucking gag me." I roll my eyes at the sight before us. Walking side by side with Liam, Liliana between us, we take in the sight of Michael's tongue shoved down my mother's throat.

     "You need a swear jar, Mami." Liliana shakes her head, looking up at me.

     "You never fail to amuse me." Liam looks down at her with a smirk on his face, then he turns to me. "And to think, I actually had a crush on your mom."

Doing a double take at the cheek of this man, I frown at him. "You never told me that."

He ignores me, walking ahead of me with Liliana's hand in his. The nerve of some people! I push that thought to the side, knowing that I'll touch back on it later.

I fix my skirt before trailing behind them, sort of in love with the clicking of my heels. When we all reach my mom and Liam's dad, I give a smile that's not so genuine.

But it's all returned, seeing the fake smile tossed my way from my mother. Let's just say...we have had some fallouts, and even more once I graduated from high school.

And the biggest of them all, which had her skip my college graduation, but all was well once she sent me a postcard from Bora Bora telling me 'Great Job.'

And the best mom of the year award goes to...

"Mother." I grin, giving a curt nod before turning to Michael when they finally walk over to us. "Hello." He nods before holding out his hand for Liam to shake.

I guess their relationship fell off as well. Well, this won't be awkward at all. Especially now that little Liliana is here, and she's not my long lost cousin, I can assure you.

     "Well, let's get started with the tour, shall we?" Iyanla's voice is loud enough for everyone to hear, but she's really just staring at Liam, who—to be honest—wasn't paying much attention to her. It seemed to bring a smile to my face.