Twenty-one

^^^ Oh my goodness, it's a bop! I love it and I feel terrible for second guessing it when I heard some of the teasers. I'm going to be playing it on repeat for the next two years. Love it. They looked amazing and sounded awesome. All the songs in the album are also good and now I don't know which is my favourite ^^^

FLASHBACK (THE WHOLE CHAPTER IS A FLASHBACK)

"What are you doing?" Six-year-old Jaydess asked the boy who was busy scribbling some sort of design in his little pocket journal. Jeongin had always been the mysterious one of the bunch as he always sat in a corner as he scribbled something into his journal. At first, they had thought he was proud being the son of the CEO but soon found out that he was just a bit shy and wasn't really open to anyone. 

Well, that was before Jade's mother worked for his father.

Jaydess was a mystery herself with no one ever knowing what exactly went through her mind. She had lots of opinions and a lot to say but she learnt from being in a broken family that anyone you open up to will eventually betray you. So she kept that in mind and pretended she had nothing to say.

But being immediately accepted by the six other kids at her mother's work made her immediately forget that principle.

When she first landed her eyes on Jeongin the first thing to come to her head was 'befriend him' but Jade soon learnt she wasn't as good as initiating conversations as she had thought.

Their first experirence with each other started off with the New Zealander approaching Jeongin and just standing in front of his for a whole minute without saying a word. After trying to ignore her for a while, the boy finally looked up and then they had a staring contest until Jeongin asked her what she was doing.

She had simply shrugged before sitting next to him. Once again, he tried ignoring her but no one had ever sat so close to him before so he couldn't just pretend his left side wasn't a lot warmer than his right.

He was going to ask her what she was doing again but before he did she pulled out a chocolate bar and gave it to him.

"I have my own food, you know?" he had said, not meaning to be rude but immediately regretted it when Jade slowly put the bar back in her pocket and apologised. It was quiet for another moment before Jeongin pulled out his own chocolate bar and offered it to her. His own was clearly a lot better looking compared to Jaydess's which was in a wrinkled wrapped and already half-chewed away. 

"I didn't mean to sound rude," he commented as he looked at her. "I'm just not really good at making friends."

Jade sighed before looking back at him and accepting half of his chocolate bar.

"Me neither," she confessed and since then their friendship kind of blossomed.

Now, a whole year later, Jade sat on the chair beside Jeongin pushing her face closer to the book while he swatted her away, trying to scribble something down. But they were both laughing uncontrollably.

"Get lost, Jaydess," he chuckled.

"Answer me!" she pouted playfully, trying to take a look at the page. "What are you doing?"

"I'm making something."

"Making what?"

"A farewell card for Rachel."

"Why? Is Rachel leaving?"

"Yeah," he pouted. "In a couple of weeks but still...I'm really going to miss her."

"Don't worry. You'll meet her again. It's a small world as my mum always says...but I don't think she says it for a good reason. She says whenever she sees my dad."

"What are you two gossiping about?" an android smiled as she approached the two.

"Is Rachel really leaving, Megan?" Jade asked and the android slowly nodded back.

"I'm afraid so, kiddo. She's going to South Korea."

"I'm from South Korea," Jeongin smiled as he pointed at himself. 

"And that's exactly why she's going there. She's going to say hi to your grandma and grandpa and the rest of your family," Megan told him.

"But I want her to see my family," Jade pouted.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. She'll visit there too. Now let's go to the cafeteria. The rest are waiting for you. And Changbin's getting really impatient."

The two kids nodded before following close behind Megan as they continued to ask her about Rachel's departure.