Four

Outside was warm. But what was Jade expecting? It was summer for goodness' sake.

Green grass blanketed the land between the pavement and other android's houses. Up ahead, was a park.

Jaydess smiled. Finally a place to relax.

The perimeter of the park was filled with cherry blossoms and the inside consisted of a basketball court, a small football field, a skating zone, a picnic zone and a couple of lone wooden benches here and there.

It had been a while since Jade last visited a park. Her previous master had forbidden her from going out of his house after her five attempts to run away.

"Hiya," a voice came from behind Jade, making her jump.

"What the heck?" Jade screamed out of fear before turning around to see a girl with long orange hair and a white grin. "Who are you?"

"I'm Lisa. Well, Lalisa Manoban but everyone just calls me Lisa. What about you? Haven't seen you around here. Newbie?"

"Uhm...yeah. I'm Jaydess but you can just call me Jade."

"Oh my gosh, love your accent. Where are you from?"

"New Zealand."

"No way! That's so cool! I'm from Thailand."

"Cool," Jaydess tried to sound interested but it only came out awkward.

"I mean, not as cool as New Zealand," Lisa muttered under her breath. "So tell me, what is a New Zealander doing in Seoul?"

"I was transferred. Let's just say my last master had 'problems'."

"Problems? How on Earth does a master have problems?"

"He wasn't actually friendly or kind like androids should be. He was rude and just...horrible."

"Oh... I see. How about your current master? Where is he or she?"

"She-" Jade looked back in the direction she had come in only to see no one there. "Actually didn't follow."

"Didn't follow? Your master follows you? That's just so wrong!"

"Well, I am kinda stubborn and all so..."

Lisa sighed.

"You're different," she commented.

"Thanks?" Was Jade's response but Lisa shook her head.

"That isn't a good thing."

Jaydess scoffed.

"What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't rebel against your master. Trust me, it's never a good idea."

"Why not?"

She sighed once more before running a hand through her hair.

"I used to have a really close friend. Honestly, he was a lot like you. He was stubborn and mean, but only to androids. He believed humans should be in control of androids. But his ideas came to the public and he had to be transferred to a different master. The master he has now it terrible, absolutely horrible. He stopped voicing out his opinion, in fact, he barely ever talks anymore. He's always emotionless and much like a robot himself. So watch yourself, Jade. You don't want to be in his shoes."

Jade tilted her head to the side.

"What's his name?"

"Jeongin."

There was silence between them as Jade thought back to her life with her last master. If she were to go through all of that all again, she would have just killed herself right then and there.

"Lisa!" A voice came from behind and soon two boys appeared beside the girl. One of them quickly pecked Lisa's cheek before his gaze landed on Jade.

"Ew, gross!" The other boy fussed before he noticed the girl.

"Hey guys, this is Jade," Lisa introduced her.

"Hey," they said in unison before the boy who had kissed Lisa's cheek decided to introduce himself.

"I'm Changbin," he said.

"And I'm Hyunjin," the boy behind added. "New here?"

"Yeah," Jade replied. "I'm from New Zealand."

"Oh, cool!"

"Where are you from?" She decided to asked, wondering whether he was from Thailand like Lisa or somewhere else.

Changbin, Hyunjin and Lisa exchanged glances before the couple burst into laughter.

Hyunjin blushed bright red as he responded in embarrassment, "Just Seoul."

"Oh," Jaydess uttered, chuckling a little herself.

"Hyunjin, can you take Jade around the park? Changbin and I have things to do," Lisa mentioned to which Hyunjin was forced to agree to.

"Thank goodness you came," the boy spoke up when they were a fair distance away from the couple. "I don't really like hanging out with them. I always third wheel while they hug and cuddle and do whatever lovers do."

Jade chuckled.

"Aw, you poor thing!"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes playfully.

"So, who's your master?"

"Miss Charlotte."

Hyunjin narrowed his eyes at her.

"You call your master by her name? I would get a dozen beatings for that!"

"Oh well," Jade shrugged. "She'll just have to live with it."

He cocked an eyebrow.

"You're really brave...be careful of that."

"Yeah, yeah, Lisa told me already but trust me. I know what I'm doing."

Hyunjin sighed.

"Of course you do."

Okay, so remember how I was planning on starting the 'Barista' story today? Yeah so I was thinking since I already have two new stories maybe I'll postpone the beginning to the 18th of June 2018 so that by the time I post it, the other stories would be far in. So yeah...

~SpicyThaiChicken