One

"Need anything?" The lady with chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes asked, a broad smile across her face.

Jade glanced at the lady before gazing back at the window.

"Soda please," she responded quietly but the she knew she had heard. She had enhanced hearing, she had to have heard.

The lady smiled at Jaydess. It wasn't that she liked her or how she acted but rather that it was what she was told to do, programmed to do.

Androids were meant to be seen by humans as friendly creatures. Jade guessed it was so humans would trust them and do everything they pleased.

Jade should trust them.

But she didn't.

Was it because of her past? Or because she knew something about them was off?

She kept her mouth shut though. There was no doubt that the androids were much stronger and smarter than the humans. And she didn't want to o bring any trouble to herself or the rest of her kind.

The robots already thought of her a threat and she knew that all too well.

'She's crazy,' they'd say. And to some extent, she believed them.

Until she woke up when they were discussing her case. They were hiding something from her. Something important. And Jade was way too close to finding out. So they transferred her.

"Here you go, sweetheart," the flight attendant said, handing the soda can over to her.

Jaydess smiled slightly at the android before staring out of the window again.

She sipped on her soda, letting her thoughts engulf her.

Jade had always let herself think too much. She believed that was a gift. That maybe one day she'd be able to make sense out of everything.

Suddenly the plane dipped and Jade was pulled out of her train of thought.

She glanced at the flight attendant who forced a smile.

Androids were meant to be as similar to humans as they could be so Jaydess wasn't surprised when he smile was clearly fake.

"Don't worry," the lady smiled. "It's alright. Just sit down and stay calm."

The plane dipped again and suddenly there was a loud bang.

The android's smile faultered once again but that only made Jade's widen.

"You might want to go check on that," Jaydess mentioned, her smile too wide for the android's comfort.

"The pilots have it covered. It's probably nothing," she replied, still unsure.

The plane dipped once more and suddenly the oxygen masks fell.

Jade glanced at the oxygen mask then at the flight attendant.

"You sure about that?" She asked them suddenly the plane plunged down, falling at an extraordinary speed.

Jaydess only just managed to grab her oxygen mask in time. She watched as the android grabbed onto the closest seats, trying to keep her balance.

Jade glanced out of the window again, only to see the ground was too close for her own comfort. She wasn't even surprised when her throat became tight and breathing heavy.

Anxiety attacks weren't unusual to her, she was used to it. But she would always have her pills at hand and yet right now she didn't. They were packed far in her bag.

She pulled her legs to her chest and tried to control her breathing but it was much harder than expected with the picture of the ground in her head and pressure of the air, pushing against her whole body.

Jade couldn't help thinking this was done on purpose, to get rid of her for good.

She wouldn't be surprised to be honest. The androids always had a way of making deaths as normal as they could.

Jade glanced at the flight attendant and her theory was proved with her smile, not smirk. She was in on it.

Finally the plane collided with the ground, a great impact and agonising pain. The walls seemed to be falling down on her and a sharp pain covered her body.

And suddenly her vision began to spin. She shook her head, trying by all means to stay conscious, but it all failed when she began to lose feeling of her limbs and everything became dark.

But Jade wasn't going to give up so easily. She had worked so hard, done so much and she wasn't going to let it all end like that. She tried to gain feeling in her body again and keep her eyes open.

What was killing her wasn't the crash though, she soon realised. Her throat had completely closed up and even attempting to breath was hopeless. Her anxiety pills were too far to get hold of.

Jade didn't want to give up but her body was done. So within a couple of seconds, her vision went black and she lost herself completely.

***

Jaydess awoke in an abrupt manner, panting heavily as she gazed around the busy room she lay in the middle of. People wandered back and forth, too busy with their own work to notice the confused teenager...except for the one beside her.

She had long blonde hair and blue eyes. She smiled sweetly at Jaydess, displaying the slight wrinkles beside her mouth.

She isn't human, was the first thing that popped in Jaydess' mind. She wasn't like her, she was an android.

"Where am I?" Jaydess demanded. The robot didn't flinch or show any signs of surprise to her harsh tone.

"Jaydess," was all she uttered.

"Where am I?" She tried again, only sounding more desperate this time. "Why am I here? Who are you? Where am I?"

"Calm down, Jaydess," the robot simply told her, "Everything is okay. Calm down."

And so she did, leaning back against the medical bed, Jaydess sighed.

"What happened? I can't seem to remember a thing!"

"And I wouldn't expect you to. No one usually remembers what happened. After being in a coma for so long, what do you expect?"

"Wait...coma? What the heck? What happened?"

The android sighed.

"You were involved in a plane crash."

"A what?" Jaydess shot up again.

"Calm down, Jaydess. There is no need to worry. You're safe now."

I feel like this is a boring start but hey, good thing this willbe an advent thingy, right? So I'll update every day. Also, just want to say sorry for not updating 'Until Then'. I'm working on it, seriously. I've just been a lot busier than I expected. Please bare with me. I'll try to update tomorrow though.

~SpicyThaiChicken