Three

^^^Forgot to put this in the characters chapter so just keep in mind Miss Charlotte is Bae Suzy (the girl above) ^^^

Androids were programmed to give off a friendly aura and be as nice to humans as possible. But after her last master, Jade head learnt to completely shut them out and change the atmosphere to cold.

Miss Charlotte, or Master Jones, as Jade was meant to refer to her as, has tried to communication with Jaydess but gave up after five minutes of getting no response.

The android's house wasn't far from the hospital she had awoke inside of, as Megan had said. A tall, white skyscraper, hovering centimetres above the ground was what the house looked like. Although Jaydess was sure she wasn't in New Zealand anymore, nothing about the land and house seemed to change from that of New Zealand.

Jade just came to except that as how the world was. And maybe how it had always been.

"How old are you, sweetheart?" Miss Charlotte asked as she parked her vehicle outside of the building and began to get out.

"Eighteen," Jade kept the answer short and simple.

Miss Charlotte sighed, staring into Jade's eyes once she had gone out too. The teenage girl was surprised when Miss Charlotte's eye didn't turn red to scan her.

"You don't talk much, do you?" The android commented but Jaydess replied with a shrug.

"Why don't you scan me? The rest of the androids do that all the time," was her response before she headed in the direction of the house.

Miss Charlotte sighed once more before following after Jade.

As soon as the girl stepped foot in her new master's home, she knew she was different.

It seemed more comfortable, a place Jade could soon come to love.

But Miss Charlotte was still an android, she had to remember. She had no emotions and would betray her any day, much like her previous master.

"Bad past, huh?" The android asked.

Jaydess rolled her eyes.

"What do you think?"

Miss Charlotte huffed before walking to her kitchen.

"Where are you from, dear?"

"New Zealand. Doesn't the accent kinda give it away?"

"Well, yes but...I was just trying to be nice."

"Then stop...or is it just in your programming?"

"Jaydess, I may be an android but I'm still human-"

"No you're not!" Jade shouted, finally turning to look at the android. "You're nothing but a stupid robot!"

Miss Charlotte chuckled a bit before she approached Jade and gave her a mug of coffee.

"Is that what you think?"

"What I think?"

"I may have some differences but...you know what never mind. Let me show you to your room."

Jade cocked an eyebrow.

"Not so fast, you're hiding something. I know it."

"So?" Miss Charlotte smiled. "So are you."

"Wait, what?"

"Just follow me, honey."

Jade rolled her eyes before doing so.

The room was the polar opposite of her last. As soon as she entered it, she felt overwhelmed.

Baby blue paint coated the walls along with inspirational quotes. A bookshelf stood on the left side of the room with a desk beside it holding a hologram screen.

The bed sat in the dead centre of the spacious room. A couple of teddy bears and pillows covered it and a fluffy white blanket lay over the soft mattress.

There was a large window on the right, taking up the whole wall and a long window-seat at the window ledge. A small table sat beside it with a few more books.

"How is it, darling? If you don't like it, I could always change it up."

Jaydess glanced at the android with narrowed eyes.

"What are you up to? Whatever tricks you're planning to play on me, I'm not falling for, okay? Don't think you could earn my trust!"

"Aw, what a shame," the android replied sarcastically as she sat at the window seat. "I had always wanted a daughter but I guess it won't be as easy as I had expected."

Jaydess cocked an eyebrow.

"You're kidding."

"Wish I was, darling. I honestly do."

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"Why are you pretending you care? Androids don't have emotions. You don't care! You shouldn't care!"

Miss Charlotte sighed before she pat the seat beside her, beckoning for Jade to take a seat, which with great hesitance, she did.

As soon as the girl sat down, the android looked at her and pushed her loose hair strands out of her face.

"So? What if I do?" She asked. "Technically, you shouldn't be talking back to me, you shouldn't be rude and sarcastic and you shouldn't hate me. But you do. So why is it wrong for me to care?"

Jade bit her lip.

"I'm not falling for your tricks, okay android?" Jaydess spoke up and she stood again. "I'm going to refresh my mind."

"How so?"

"I'm going to take a walk."

She took a couple steps out of her to before turning back. Miss Charlotte stayed where she was but now she was gazing out of the window.

"Wait seriously?" Jade asked, turning the android's gaze back to her. "That's it? You aren't going to follow after me or stop me? Aren't you worried I might run away?"

Miss Charlotte simply smiled.

"Oh, Jaydess. How do you ever think our relationship can grow without trust?"